Question for ladies, would you date someone who actively goes to the gym?

Or would you consider there standards to be too high and would refuse to go out with them?

I know its a weird question but I know a few girls who won't go out with active gym goers because they think they have this huge high standard of there women keeping their bodyfit.

Like I know one girl said to me if "I went out with a gym goer he'll expect me to be exactly like him with his fitness rituals and strict diets".

• Would go out with a active gym goer
  • Wouldn't want too
Interesting seems more favour going with an active goer than against

Most Helpful Girl

• Yesss... I would date him.. and I agree they have standards but I don't think its high.
    I observed mostly gym goer guys likes girls that is health/body conscious too like them. But I don't agree that they want girls to be exactly like them (fitness gym rituals, strict diets).
    My ex is a weight lifter and has a huge body build (lean muscles and less fat), religiously goes to gym, weight keeps increasing (thats one of his goal), has strict diet to be followed. I am not a gym goer at all but I am health/body conscious, I am small in height and body size, I do cardio exercise, eat healthy stuffs (no strict diet) and maintain my weight. See the difference? I notice he doesn't want me to be like him. He wants me to be exactly opposite like him except the health/body conscious part. (Maybe he wants him big and im small so he will feel better or not intimidated or not insecure, I don't know..lol) thats who I am that finds me attractive to him and he's attractive to me that we both go along and date proudly.

But I would still say it depends on what type of gym goer guys do at gym and their standards. Girls stay real and natural (like me). No need to go to gym or go after their standards just so to attract or go on date with them. :)

What Girls Said 12

• My boyfriend spends 6 hours a day at the gym (pool) and I spend about 4 hours a day there myself. Not all in the pool though. I'd die.

Therefore, yes, I would date a gym rat. 'Cause I AM dating one and it's not like I sit around and get fat either so...lol We motivate each other.

• There's actually some truth in that. I'm an active gym goer, and I've met a couple people from the gym. They then love to critique me and get me on whatever program they're on! I don't get a lot of pressure about how often I go or what I eat (yet, I'm not in a relationship), but what I do there is under scrutiny.

It's tough because clearly I love guys who work out, they look amazing, and have the same passion I do. But there needs to be boundaries.

• I actively head to the gym but I don't care what the girl im dating is doing. I couldn't careless if she didn't go to the gym at all. Its not a deal breaker for me but I just find it strange that I get turned down because i like to keep myself fit.

• Well you can't really help that. You shouldn't have to get fat and eat poorly to make a girl feel more secure. I personally would love a guy like that since it's what I do (and my roommates love to pick on me for it), so keep searching. As long as you're not pressuring your girls to be just like you, it's a huge plus in my book.

• Thanks for the advice

• I'm actually a pretty active person myself, more by playing sports than actually going to the gym (though I do go a lot). So no, I don't mind if he goes to the gym or any of that. My fiance is a really fit guy and goes to the gym a lot or works out at home. Lately he's gotten into running/jogging. He doesn't expect me to keep up with him though, and that's good.

• I would. I go 5 days out of the week. My boyfriend is really fit but he works out at home.

Just as long as a guy doesn't behave like you mentioned in your last sentence, I am good. I struggled for so long trying to find a balance and I wouldn't need someone telling me I was doing it wrong. Like if I want ice cream... I'm going to eat it. I don't want someone telling me I'm wrong for that. So he can do his thing if I can do my thing. I hope that makes sense. I'm not saying you're like this, I am just giving an example. :)

• Yeah I'm not like that was just using it as an example of what some girl said to me which is her reason of why she wouldn't date guys who go to the gym regularly

• Well, like I said. I would 100% date a regular gym goer then :)

• Yes, I would but you're right, it can be intimidating. Really depends on the guy. Some do treat the gym like a mistress that must be respected and comes before all else, while others just treat it as a simple part if their day, like brushing their teeth.

• Yeah I'm not like that though its funny but i get shoved into the gym junkie fitness freak group which I only do to myself not to others

• yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes it makes a guy look even hotter..i have no idea why but it does for me ;D

• I wouldn't because to be honest, I like chubby guys. Plus, even if I end up falling for a guy who is thin on an emotion level and likes going to the gym, he would want me to stay fit and go with him and he probably wouldn't like me in the first place because of how I look.

• a lot of people head to the gym to keep there fitness levels up nothing to do with emotional levels most of the time

• No I meant that if I fall for the guy on an emotional level lol like more than friends :p

• I wouldn't want too. I don't mind that my boyfriend does sport but a guy who really often goes to the gym is not my thing. I'm not really into man who always think about it

• Yeah I totally would, being active is better than be a lazy couch potato.

• I think i would :) i hit the gym almost daily too haha

• that would be ideal

• When I go on dating sites - I avoid the guys that are too good looking because I assume they will have high standards.

• When I go on dating sites I avoid girls who are too looking because they are usually fake profiles made by cam girls.

• haha that comment.

What Guys Said 0