How do you forget someone you loved?

After a break-up how do you get over someone you loved? You loved everything about this person and your heart was crushed after you two broke up and now you find it difficult doing what you used to like and are constantly crying.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a guy, I find it's easiest if I get a new girl. This doesn't seem to work for girls. (Getting a new guy straight away.)

• Would you take that girl seriously or will she be a re-bound

• Depends on the girl.

What Guys Said 5

• You don't get over them. You accept the circumstance, dust off your shoes and move forward. You will always smile when something has been good in your past even if only for a minute or so. Time is the healer and nothing else.

• Most people replace them.
    Those that shop poorly always regret & compare past to present.

It's harder than replacing an old dog with a puppy but you get the idea?

• Very tough situation. I've been though and I always pour myself into work and my family. Eventually, those feelings start to fade. My friends have always been good about trying to take my mind off it too.

• you dont ever forget the one's you loved. all that happens is that eventually your feelings fade and then you can move on. you will be sad for awhile but you will get through this. if you need a friend right now i would be more than happy to offer you my friendship and a shoulder to lean on

• you don't.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think there is one single way. Some people feel better after crying as much as they want. Others get themselves busy with friends/family or things they enjoy to do. Or some people like to talk it out and rant. Some find themselves other people to casually date.

But if you are madly in love with him, it will take time to get over him. Could take weeks or months or even years. And even when you stop caring about him, chances are that you will always have a soft spot for him.

To make things easier, you can try anything I mentioned above. But its ok to cry a little. But just try not throwing away everything for him.

• Forgetting is a whole process. Don't need to push it. If you want to cry, just cry. If you want to yell on him, yell. One morning you will wake up, it will be gone. We can't keep everything. We have an ability to forget.
    And Loving is an ability too. If you have that ability, you will love again :)

• You have to let time heal your wounds. They dobhurt, but yes, trying to date new people and get out with your friends for fun times usually helps. Just stay busy, and one day you'll just wake up and realize how stupid you were and how stupid amount of time you wasted pining over someone who didn't give to flying ducks about you or your feelings. But time is of the essence.

• It's just gunna take time, with time you learn to love without one another, and one day it'll just click in your head that your over him. You may have loved him and you have some great memories of him but at that stage your able to move on.