Guys on what conditions would you agree to meet your gf's parents?

So I was wondering if guys have certain conditions to meet a girl's parents. Like are you guys down to meet any girl's parents as long as you're dating her or do you really have to like the girl to go through with that and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would had to be short for the first meeting. And she'd have to guarantee her parents would treat me with respect and courtesy -- especially the father -- or I'm out the door without hesitation. I'm not sitting through an interrogation and I'm not interviewing for the right to see their daughter. Those are her choices and I'm not going to humor their pride. It's not something I'd do unless I was very serious about the girl. It's not something I'd look forward to or agree to easily.

• Wow you're smart to set ground rules before you agree to meet her parents. If I were a guy I think I'd do the same.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd be down for it once it's a committed relationship, or at any point afterward.

• If I'm dating a girl I like / love her. I'm not dating around. If it was important to her I would meet her parents. This can be a scary thing for a guy, if you love her and the most important people in her life don't like you ugh scary!!

• Lol I bet it is. If I were a guy I'd be terrified. My boyfriend knows that my parents are strict so when I asked him if he would like to meet them and he agreed so easily I was shocked.

• It certainly gets the relationship to a new level either way, if they like him or not that is.

• Rofl true that.

• If I were serious about the relationship and she wants me to. I will try my best to win the parents over.

• Only if I plan on marrying her.

• Lol that's what I've thought all my life. I have never introduced any of my boyfriends to my parents and I said I'd keep it that way until I got serious with someone. The thought terrifies me.

What Girls Said 1

• it depends on the guy or the girl also..because their are some girls/guys who quickly introduces the one he/she is dating so that to tell the truth to their family...on the other side their are some who do it only to introduce to their family the one with whom she/he will liver her/his life with