What's the deal with this guy?

So there's this guy that I like. But he's one of those Catholic home schooled boys so I have to be extra careful how strong I come on. Anyway, after a while of flirting I heard from a lot of his friends that he liked me and was gonna ask me out once he got his license. But then, I heard he wasn't sure he was gonna ask me out because he didn't think I liked him. So I decided to tell him at this party. Well... his reaction wasn't really what I was expecting, He kinda did an okay and shrugged. So I pressed on to say I don't want this to effect our friendship especially if you don't like me. And he then went on to tell me he likes me but isn't ready to date until COLLEGE. So then, I decide to give up on him but I come home to an email from him saying how much fun I had at the party and telling me I looked great. What's this guy's deal?

What Guys Said 1

• He doesn't think he is ready to date yet, which is probably smart, but at the same time I think he does like you and, therefore, feels bad for turning you down which is probably why he sent the email. That's what I think.

• So what do you think I should do? Give him time or give up?

• I would say give him a little more time and see what happens.

What Girls Said 1

• duh its what he said he likes you he's just not ready give it time