Would you feel mad if your friend gave your number to a guy/girl that you didn't like?

That person likes you, but you don't like or can't stand them - and your friend (loving the role of a matchmaker) decides you two would be a great match and gives your number to that person.

Would you be mad?
How would you handle it?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they knew that I didn't like them then i'd be pissed.

If they didn't know that I wasn't feeling the girl it would be a slightly different story. my friends know me and I trust their judgement to what types of girls would be good for me. i would understand their good intentions.

Either way I would deal with the girl myself and end things as amicably as possible

What Guys Said 2

• would I be mad? no I'd just say thanks but no thanks

• I'd be pissed if someone gives my number to anyone without letting me know (unless there are extenuating circumstances of course)

What Girls Said 4

• If they were unaware of the fact that I dislike this guy, then I wouldn't be angry at them. They didn't know, therefore I don't think it was their fault.
    But if they did know and did it just because they thought they knew what I want better than I do myself, then hell yeah I'd be pissed.
    I would sit down with my friend and tell them that I don't appreciate them giving out my number like that. Unless it's super important, I want to be the one who chooses which people to give my number out to. And then I'd politely reject the person who got my number.

• I would be because I always hated people acting like matchmaker to me. When I was single a friend was often doing this and I was just pissed.

• I wouldn't like it one bit. Especially if my friend already knows that I am not interested in the guy. And even if she doesn't, she should first ask for my permission for such a thing before going around and giving my number without my consent.

• And how would I handle it? I would tell her very clearly (not rudely but firmly) not to do something like this ever again.

• Yes! That would not be ok with me..