Ladies, would you have any resistance towards 'setting up' a guy you are 'just friends'* with? Read for more clarification.?

A little backstory- This girl and I casually dated for a few months just hanging out on campus and so on. I'm new to dating- first girl I've dated- so I didn't make a move, told her my feelings for her, she lost interest and down the road she said she didn't want to lead me on, she just can't anything more between us than a friendship. I'm fine with the friend bit, initially having some resistance and told her I couldn't be friends with someone I have feelings for. She got upset, and I then apologized to her realizing I was wrong for that, we made amends and we're friends now. She's a really nice girl, she's the 'best' for ultimately not leading me on like that and as a person I feel I'm growing a lot becoming more assertive, hitting up the gym, getting in great shape and breaking the 'nice guy' complex that's been instilled in me so long. I've learned a ton from this experience.
Anyway, the question is would this be okay at some point in the future to ask her to 'put a good word in for me' to one of her friends I take interest in? If so, what's the best way to go about it?
Thanks :).

Most Helpful Girl

• If she rejected you, she shouldn't mind hearing about another girl. As a female I know us girls love to play match maker. Go for it.

What Girls Said 5

• Yea, just say..."Hey, your friend is pretty cute. Do you think she'd be interested? How should I ask her out?", she's likely to give you an honest opinion and give you necessary details just naturally. Don't tell her to 'put in a good word' though...that's just awkward...just ask for tips on how YOU can approach the girl. And chances are once you express interest...she'll put in a genuine and honest word for you.

• Thank you. I know the girl personally, I met her through this girl but I think the best approach would be through one of her best friends- to find out if she has interest, and what not. Thank you for the tips!

• I don't see a problem with that. If you two are friends, she would probably be happy to set you up with someone. Just talk to her about it and see if any of her friends are looking for someone. Or if you have someone specific in mind, talk to your friend about that girl.

• It should be fine because she doesn't like you in that way so shouldn't get jealous or anything. She might actually like the fact that you are over her :)

• if she rejected u, yea it should actually make her happy uve moved on and are chill to be friends, however i must say some girls are jealous bitches and it can backfire, not all girls, but the really outgoing popular sexual ones...they will ruin a relationship and backstab another girl
    it depends on her personality

• Ugh.. ass hole. No, its not ok.
    Why can't you hook up with the girl on your own later down the road. JERK!!!

What Guys Said 1

• I think you could ask her sure. Either ask her to put in a good word or maybe ask her how you could go about talking to her