White guys, what's the problem?

I've never been approached in public by a white guy. But as soon as I sign up for an online dating site I get so many messages from white guys. What's the problem with approaching me in person fellas? =/
A lot of black women like white men.
I've never dated a white guy before, and I really would like to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. Maybe then I could find a loving, lasting relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Basic flirting skills are necessary. Sometimes white guys are hesitant because of various reasons. I'm black, and so far I have mainly dated white men. Its soooooo easy and I've never really had any difficulty. I think its because I flirt with guys as long as he is attractive whatever skin color he is. If you show yourself as open (giving the guy the okay to come over to you...he WILL). My boyfriend is white, and all it took was taking a quick look at him twice, and he approached me and got my number...the rest was history.

What Guys Said 9

• From what I've heard most black chicks don't like white guys and maybe its also some of them are scared that if a black guys sees them trying to get a date with a black women that he might try and beat him just for that. I personally don't give a flying potato but every time I've approached a black chick I got rejected lol.

• There is a bit of fear that they're being approached because of a fetish which is sometimes the reason why white men may get rejected.

• Lamebabe may be right. I'm not sure. I love black women personally, but I can see there being a that fear of rejection (I suppose just like any other woman).

Also, there's a whole odd line about different cultural backgrounds that I think subconsciously some white guys/people are funny about. Racial identity plays a role many times even though it really doesn't make sense to.

• "A lot of black women like white men."
    What do you consider "a lot" to be? Because I can say that this isn't really true. White guys know that and are hesitant because they know that 9 times out of 10, they are going to get turned down. Most guys like to feel like they have somewhat of a shot before doing anything anyway. If we're being honest here, most black women want and only want black men. Some might like certain white celebrities but that's about as far as it goes usually. And the pendulum has swung in such a way that a good percentage of girls regardless of race are like that.

The internet brings you in touch with more people (more people that want to date since you went to such a website) that it's natural that you're going to get more attention on there than anywhere else.

• I've dated and banged a few, But never initiated contact first. Its kinda odd, I'm trying to figure out why I didn't... But perhaps its how you present yourself, Do you hang out with white guys? All the ones I dated/banged etc, asked me (total turn on)

• From my experience black girls aren't into white guys.

• Every chick gets a zillion times more offers on internet than real life. Its a bunch of desperate losers spamming messages.

• Black girls are good lovers along with latinas

• what about latino guys?

• there are a lot black men who are racist unfourtantly and claim they have dibs on black women and threaten many white men for trying to date black women, sorry but this is how it is unfourtnaly, you should look it up online espacilly youtube, it's really sad i know

• "dibs on black women" LMAO

• i know i think it's a bit diffrent here in the uk, but i found a lot of videos, with black men calling nia long a slut because she is dating a white man look here it's so pathetic the way they get upset by this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jZOXeUzjz4

• what did you think of the video?

What Girls Said 3

• I think some white guys see black women and just assume we wouldn't be into a white guy- especially if you have a more "urban" style or way of speaking. It's easier to deal with rejection on the internet.

• That is not true I like black chicks lol but they always rejected me lmao. true story

• The way you present yourself is a big factor, as well as your location. Since high school I've mostly dated white men, and it isn't so rare that they approach me. You shouldn't by any means change yourself just to be attractive to a certain type, but dressing and being really feminine and approachable seems to give them the boost to make an approach.

• Dude, word... on pretty much whatever you say on this topic...

• Lol white guys are mostly shy, hahaha

• I've been asking myself the same question. White guys need to get over the stereotype that black girls don't like them, In my case it's so not true. Color is just a minor issue I don't know why people make it more serious than it should be.