Would you date someone from another race?

1. Would you?
2. If you would, what race?
3. Do you like interracial couples?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I've dated outside my race before. I don't have a specific race I would date, because it all comes down to who I find attractive and mesh well with.

As for liking or not liking interracial couples, this concept is seriously one of the silliest, backwards things when it comes to relationships. People treat races like p*rn treats them: a category or some kind of "thing" to have a fetish for.

People (white, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc.) are perpetuating race being a conscious issue by thinking and valuing these sorts of things. Like seriously, a person is not defined by their skin color. Even outside of attraction when I hear people say things like "I'm a proud black woman" or whatever...that makes no sense to me. It's literally a trait that doesn't define you, nor is it something you chose or worked for. So it's a useless trait to be proud of? Yeah, makes total sense.

As long as people keep treating people of various races as members of a club or some kind of foreign species, then guess what? They're going to keep getting treated like a foreign species. When society learns to see people as PEOPLE, instead of color or religion or some other pointless trait, then we'll all move on and be able to tackle the next stupid issue.

/rant for the day

What Guys Said 14

• Absolutely. I'm white but I seem to attract black girls. After talking and working (in school) with black girls I ended up more attracted to black girls. So, I actually prefer black girls for me.
    Every person has his/her own preference on what race he/she finds attractive. And that's totally normal.

• Cultural and subcultural differences would deter me from dating someone, not their race.

If someone is ghetto and obnoxious, I don't care if she looks like Heidi Klum. We won't click and therefore we won't date. If she's too high brow and high maintenance and used to a priviledged life, she won't be humbled so I won't bother.

• Any race is fine. Chris Rock said it right when he said the solution to race relationships is for everybody to start effing everybody else until we're all one shade of tan. It was a crude joke but the logic is sound.

That and opposites attract pretty frequently and race really isn't that important. Finding someone you genuinely enjoy being with is way higher on the important dating things scale.

• Yes, I would.

• Yep. I've dated 4 different races so far

• I would, in theory any race.

• Yes absolutely.

• Of course. Any race if they were beautiful.

• Nope, my turn on's seem incredibly racist.
    Can't really help it or explain it i am just never attracted to them.

Do i like interracial couples? Not more or less then any other couple.

• Yes I would. . I think black girls are FINE

• what race would that be? human? martian? zombie?

• if it's only for time pass then I sure would.

• Maybe
    Latina/Asian
    Depends

• 1. Yes
    2. Any, depends once I get to know them as an individual, get it?
    3. Not any more or less than other couples...

LIFE HINT: Allow people to surprise you, once in a while it will be a pleasant surprise and it will be worth it.

What Girls Said 9

• 1. Yes, and I have
    2. Any race
    3. They're just a couple.

• I've dated different ethnicity. It doesn't matter what ethnicity as long as i find them attractive

• Yeah why not? If I find them them hot, sure.
    Don't about which race though.
    And I am neutral towards interracial couples. Like non-interracial couples some look cute together some not so much to me.

• Heck yeah. I tend to not be physically attracted to guys of my own race so bring it on.

• Yea, the father of my child is black lol well mixed

• 1) I would.
    2) Peurto Rican.
    3) depends on the couple.

• Absolutely, good looking is good looking no matter what the skin color.

• would you date a cat man? :P

• I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. We're taking about race here, not species. Lol

• technically thats race... but im being facetious :P

• Race is irrelevant to me

• 1. I would
    2. White or Latino
    3. Yes.
    But my problem is:

When people start dating outside their race because they hate their own race;
    When they think that being in a interracial relationship gives them an higher "status";
    When they date someone from another race because their children will have lighter skin.

So, I see no problem when a person dates someone from another race because they truly love their boyfriend/girlfriend.