Has anyone ever ignored you for months then come back into your life?

has a girl or guy you like ever ignore you and then come back into your life?

what happened? how did you handle this?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I dated this girl right before she left for a semester in Europe. After I got her European cell number and postal address contact basically died. O wrote her a few postcards and sent her a Christmas packet but she never got back to me and cut off all contact. Now she's back in the states and texted me to get together. I don't get her.

• did you ask her why she ignored you?

do you still have feelings for her?

• No I didn't ask her cause while I still have feelings for her I feel like she knows she can do way better and might like me as a friend at best

What Guys Said 4

• I have an ex who does this all the time. There's still feelings between us, and I still very much like her, but she has always had issues with getting close to people.
    We dated for a little less than a year, she we to grad school, and I ended up moving to another state. We lost contact for about a year, but she contacted me shortly after she moved to a city about 3 hours away from me.
    From there we had dinner on occasion, got close, and then she disappeared for another year, or so. After that, I never expected to truly hear from her as much, but she as of last week. Decided to come back into my life like a thunderstorm, and wants to have dinner soon.
    It was all too confusing years ago, but now I've let things lie where they have been placed. Life was too short to worry about such things, and I now let her come, and go. Without giving it much thought these days.

• Possibly it means that he got rejected by the sideline gurls so he's crying back to u x)
    I will never accept gurls like that.

• Yes and I welcomed them back.

• She disappeared for three and a half months. Just as I accepted she was gone for good, she called me. She had some lame excuses, but I didn't push it. When she realized I didn't hate her, she actually started getting closer to me than before.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes of course it happens. When I like someone, I like. There is no hot and cold for me. I am straight forward.
    Some people do, actually. There are several reasons.
    Some people don't want to lose potential bf/gf, keep it as an option.Some people don't know what they really want.
    Some people like mind games, hide and seek..
    Depends on the person you meet. Personally, I don't like the first type most, because this is an ugly behavior and I don't want someone's option.

• Yes, two people have. They left for a couple years each, then came back thinking they could just walk back in. I told one how it was and told him to get lost. I made the other feel pretty bad, he apologised loads and I accepted him back again though.

• no, but i would say get lost.

• so this has happened to you?

what did you learn from it?

• No, it has not, but i was referring to being ignored in general

• Yeah this online friend I had. He would ignore everytime he had a gf, first few times I took him back. But after a while I was like fuck it. So I just flat out ignored him.

• would you ever give him another chance if he said he was sorry?

• He did it like 3 times. I felt like a damn fool everytime I took him. There's so much times you can apologize before your apology losses meaning.

• Yes. And I don't know why.

• what happened? lol

• He keeps disappearing and avoiding me for months (we were such good friends!) and then suddenly springs back with a hello whats up -_- Or contacts me when he needs help/advice. Or sometimes just to talk.

Weirdo.

• yeah. the asshole disappeared and then saw me in person blamed me for not texting him

• Yes an ex, and I was like we can be friends at most. He's still trying to get with me but the ship has sailed. Our friendship is kinda blah too, kinda like flogging a dead horse.