Is it too late to change? I'm so alone it actually hurts.

I'm 23, student at university. I like to do sports, work out, cook the cinema and making music. I'm close with my family but as far as social contacts go that's it

I've always been the outcast in school so I never had friends or a girl.

Now because of that I don't know how to get either one. Right now I lay awake at night just being sad cause I'm the worst idiot ever who can't even do something as simple as making friends or asking a girl out

What can I do to change?

Physically I'm tall but nothing special. Bit chubby maybe.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is never too late to change. I went through a lot of problems at high school and as a result I, like you, didn't socialize as much and didn't get the practice of being around guys and having boyfriends. You get to a certain age when everyone else is settling down and realise you just missed out on a whole right of passage somewhere. I've had boyfriends since my high school days through just being brave and realising that my insecurity issues were my own and I therefore had to take control of them and face some of the fears I had about meeting men.

You sound like a good looking guy, a bit of belly fat won't hold anything against you, your confidence is all that seems to need a bit of work. Might I suggest internet dating? You can skip the whole awkwardness of meeting and flirting with new people face to face and narrow it down a bit online via mutual interests, location etc. It might be a good first step to boosting your confidence and seeing that there are women out there that will want to be with you once they can see you're actually there lol :-)

All the best and just be brave and go for it!

What Girls Said 2

• Its never too late to change

• Sometimes you try but you can't change anything. Try to love something is hard. Maybe you just dont like making friends but doesn't mean you want to be with friends. You may not like the first steps. You can see a psycholog i guess

What Guys Said 3

• Asking out a gurl isn't simple >.> u had to have the gutz to do that. Fear of rejection is one of the most scariest feelings ever u know.

• Join a sports league at school. Coed and casual.

• I hope not