Sometimes, I am happy about the fact that I am single, other times I get bitter and lonely.

Not sure why I flip flop back and forth on this, thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm fine being single...until I get a crush then all I can think of is them and feel sad that I am single instead of being able to kiss this person instead of doing all of this 'purposely accidental' physical contact. That what makes me feel bitter and lonely, even if I felt fine being single a month earlier. Ironic how these feelings of bitter and loneliness only appear when I feel love or lust towards a person, you know?

What Girls Said 3

• Because you're human lol. I feel the same way. There are perks to both being single and being in a relationship. I don't think there's any clear better option. You're aware of this, it's creating some dissonance.

• Because it feels good to have someone, and sometimes you dont want what comes with being in a relationship

• Because you are human we all get lonely and crave intimacy, but there's an independent side to you that enjoys doing things on your own. I'm the same

What Guys Said 3

• I get lonely sometimes and wish I had a girlfriend, until I spend time with my friends that have girlfriends and wives. Then it makes me grateful, that my spirit isn't completely broken like their is. Seriously I don't know anyone that is in a happy relationship. It is kinda depressing.

• It's because both have good and bad aspects. The freedom of being alone is better than a relationship, in my opinion. As appealing as a girlfriend is right now, I wouldn't want to compromise my future plans.

• Frame of Reference. When you're happier that you're alone you're probably doing something that may be complicated by others or requires your direct attention while when you're not doing anything a little company would be nice, no? That's just how it rolls.