Sometimes, I am happy about the fact that I am single, other times I get bitter and lonely.

Not sure why I flip flop back and forth on this, thoughts?

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm fine being single...until I get a crush then all I can think of is them and feel sad that I am single instead of being able to kiss this person instead of doing all of this 'purposely accidental' physical contact. That what makes me feel bitter and lonely, even if I felt fine being single a month earlier. Ironic how these feelings of bitter and loneliness only appear when I feel love or lust towards a person, you know?

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Because you're human lol. I feel the same way. There are perks to both being single and being in a relationship. I don't think there's any clear better option. You're aware of this, it's creating some dissonance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it feels good to have someone, and sometimes you dont want what comes with being in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you are human we all get lonely and crave intimacy, but there's an independent side to you that enjoys doing things on your own. I'm the same

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I get lonely sometimes and wish I had a girlfriend, until I spend time with my friends that have girlfriends and wives. Then it makes me grateful, that my spirit isn't completely broken like their is. Seriously I don't know anyone that is in a happy relationship. It is kinda depressing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because both have good and bad aspects. The freedom of being alone is better than a relationship, in my opinion. As appealing as a girlfriend is right now, I wouldn't want to compromise my future plans.

0|0
    0|0
  • Frame of Reference. When you're happier that you're alone you're probably doing something that may be complicated by others or requires your direct attention while when you're not doing anything a little company would be nice, no? That's just how it rolls.

0|0
    0|0