Saying 'I love you' for the first time and what does it mean?

Ok I know this might sound like a dumb question but I'm just curious. My bf and I have been dating for two months and we've already said 'I love you' to one another. I said it first through a text because my friend pressured me into saying it. Then he's the one that said it in person. Since this is my first American boyfriend she told me that 'I love you' is less deep than being IN LOVE. Is this true? And what does 'I love you' mean to you and when do you usually say it to someone?

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't say ”i love you” unless i really feel the timing is right. i don't even say it when it is said to me. i don't think it is lighter than being in love.

• Yeah same here. I'm not used to saying 'I love you' besides when I'm joking or saying it to my friends.

What Guys Said 2

• saying "i love you" IS less deep (emotionally) than Being In Love!!!

two months of dating doesn't mean a life together in happiness and marriage!
    ...if you feel pressured to express anything, then its Not True and Not Natural!

...look up "men are from mars, women are from venus"
    ...guys are generally physical while girls are generally emotional

• Well in the beginning I felt pressured only because I thought it meant being in love which I'm not. I do love my boyfriend so my words are sincere but we express it differently in my language.

• being "in love" is universal language!!!
      ...emotional/verbal is all in the mind

• When a girl and me comes into each others life
    and we are together than i say "I Love You"
    this has to happen in real life, internet
    stuff is just a fairy tale.

What Girls Said 1

• It means I care for that person as a partner and I only want to be with them