Do you like reptiles? Would you date a girl who had them?

Previous boyfriends have liked my reptiles and although some have been a little scared, I've noticed men seem to like them on a whole even if they wouldn't own any.

At the moment I have a blood python and a bearded dragon but I've owned carpet pythons, ball pythons, corn snakes and green tree monitors. I help look after a boa constrictor when his daddy is on holiday if that counts lol.

I love all animals and I wouldn't JUST have snakes and lizards, but I'd like to know if guys like women with reptiles or is it freaky to you?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• WOW that sure sounds cool. It's not for the reptiles that I'd date her but for what she is.

As long as maintaining them in a safe environment for them and others (especially children) is in place I'm ok with it else it'd put me off.

No it's not freaky but 2nd paragraph above being in place; I'm dating her not her pets lol

• My snakes have always been notorious escape artists lol but they are always kept safe and not near children.

Thank you though! ;)

• Always a pleasure :)

• I think that that is freakjng awesome!

• I'll admit it'd catch me off guard a little bit, but I'd certainly be ok with it. I wouldn't be freaked out or anything.

• I'm glad :) I wouldn't force my snakes on anybody, especially if they didn't like them, but they are my babies so as long as guy didn't make nasty comments about them or anything :)

• Love the girl... love her pets. Even though it may take a deep breath to handle a python, she obviously loves them. I draw the line at wasps though

• They're chill if they're non-poisonous. If they have even a drop of venom, I'm fine so long as they're kept the fuck away from me.

either way, hardly something to consider when dating someone

• I've never owned a venomous snake, all mine except my blood have been great with people so far.

Great idea though! Next bf that rubs me up the wrong way might regret it ;)

• "either way, hardly something to consider when dating someone"

Yeah I think I wanna change my answer lol

• Well I'm a cobra. Only if she liked my reptilian penis!

• REPTILES ARE THE DEVILS WORK!!! DEMONS FROM HELL ITELL YOU!!!

• They're not demons or devils, they're fascinating creatures that have survived on this earth a lot longer than we have.

They might not be cuddly but I think they're absolutely beautiful animals.

• I'm cuddly, and absolutely beautiful.. Can I be your pet newtty newt (:

• Nope not freaky. It's a pet! My girl likes wildlife and animals. For her course she wade into the sea with a huge fishing net and crouched in the forest beside an ant nest to collect samples.

I think girls who are different are cute.

What Girls Said 3

• I like reptiles too =D it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if a guy had them :)

• Yay! It's unusual for me to find girls that don't run off screeching lol

• Ouch lol that sounds pretty nasty! Yeah they don't feel great..or look great actually for that matter lol

• Pythons also feel a bit weird to be honest, I once held a 3m long python. I really like snakes though for some reason =D

• I am so jealous.. I had to do my snake away because of the baby. Blood phytons are so nice :)

• I'm sorry :( but I respect that you did that, I would not have bloods around kids. I've had bites to the face from mine (he was rescued). I hope you can get yourself one again in the future! :)

• My neigbor mostly gives them to me jn a egg, but he never tells us whats in the egg so everytime it's a suprise.

• I love that idea, I wish I had your neighbour lol

• I have a corn snakers named sir pentis :} he's my babe. My bf adores him too!