Online dating, this Friday or two months from now?

Ok ladies here's one for ya. When it comes to emailing back and forth in online dating, I know everyone is a little different, but are you more ready for a guy to get to the point and ask you out? or do you like a guy who takes his time, ask sincere questions and shows interest in getting to know you. Its kind of a fine line between seeming to forward, because you have never met one another, and starting to bore the girl with the blah blah blah. My take on it is that its better to keep the emailing short, go out on a fun date and then learn more about one another. I find it more exciting when the person hasn't told me everything in the world about themselves already.. How do you girls feel about it? I've had girls ready to go out after three emails and some that dragged it out for like two months! before going out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have met a few guys online and I do enjoy talking to them first online/emailing back and forth a few times. It is nice when the guy asks questions and shows interest in me but I also think that it is good to leave some questions until the date so that you have something to talk about and also because dates are all about finding out about one another.

I also think that you have to be careful about how much time you spend talking online before making it real life. I think that 2 weeks to a month talking online before making it real life is plenty. It gives you a chance to get confident but does not make the process too long.

What Girls Said 3

• I think there's some time needed to figure out that the person you're talking to isn't a complete creeper. Like the movement from emails to the phone should be as swift as you can make it, I'd say a week of emails, get her number, a couple convos on the phone then ask her out. Otherwise you run the risk of being just that cool guy she talks to online.

• I've met some guys online and I like it when we e-mail back and forth a few times before I meet them. I can usually tell if I click with someone by what they say and how they say it. I'm a stickler for grammar so it's a turn off if they can't spell or say things correctly of course I understand at times there is a language barrier. It would just chat a little via e-mail then on the phone and see what kind of vibe you get.

• Thanks for the reply. I guess I run into the wrong types then. Very skeptical people I meet on their it seems. Would you reply to a guy's email that described myself a little better and asked you questions. With "Hi! hope you had a great Sunday. Its so beautiful out" No! questions answered. Or after 5 seemingly great emails back and forth I ask for your number and you give me your regular email instead?? buzzkill!! I'm like..why are you on here? To play mind games with me. Lets have fun.

• I met some guys off Match.com...i know I did message a few back and forth, even though I wasn't THAT interested...the guys that I were interested in, that obviously seemed legit, I messaged back and forth, for maybe a day, and usually one of us would ask if we have a screen name...at that point id usually have a convo with them on AIM, see if we hit it off, and if I was feeling him, then I would give him my number at the end of the convo, or he would ask for it...i also think its imp to have a phone convo too before meeting them because that helps in feeling comfortable with them once you see them..overall I talk to the guy about a week before meeting them..if its the beginning of the week like a monday and I'm REALLY feeling him than I would go out that friday or saturday, if I was a little unsure..i would prob say I had plans that weekend, and mention something about getting together sometime during the following week, just to see if that feeling of doubt goes away...overall though, I usually have to like you a lot to actaully go out on a date with you so soon

• Not to put you on the spot but why did you email a few messages back and forth if you weren't interested?

• Curiosity I guess, I didn't want to judge them by what I read and their pictures ya kno? I figured I might as well chat with them because you never know how you may click with someone once you speak

What Guys Said 1

• If your conversations and emails are lively and interesting, I ask you this, "Why wait"? Life's too short to stay cautious. I'm not saying you should go out and be overly enthusiastic, but sometimes you can tell when you and a certain person just click.