Anyone noticing women trying to discuss very long term relationship things way too soon?(guys too maybe)?

I'm sure everyone's heard of the crazy guy proposing on date 1. But I am noticing potential dates discussing things with me that I would not consider for 6 months to a year at least... even 2 years.

I feel like women are looking for certain things in a date that are much too soon to be talking about? I had a woman talking about wanting to find a partner to move in with and split the bills with and such when we never even met. I also got a huge ex-boyfriend rant in my ear.

I notice this also with others' dating lives where couples are moving in within 6months of dating. It just sounds like a recipe for disaster. Is just getting to know each other and such to see where it goes after not interesting?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think the examples you mentioned are out of the ordinary and strange...obviously those are not acceptable

but i do think depending on the connection between 2 ppl, the better the chemistry and timing, people can fall in love quick and have a happy marriage, I've seen it happen. i think the longer it takes to decide if u wanna propose to that person...the more doubt you have in them, and u might as well break it off now than later. i think when we date someone, in the back of our minds we subconsciously consider them a potential for a marriage partner if it progresses...so its fine to see everything going smoothly and working out fine. sometimes couples get along so well and can't get enough of each other, and thats when u know its true love. the words clingy or space dont come into place, because when u got chemistry with someone and just get each other, your sentences complete theirs...its just meant to be. i know it sounds cheesy but im just sharing my honest opinion. i dont get couples who have been together for 6 years and are still not married yet. like it makes me think what doubts they have or what next best thing are they waiting for to come along? if i like a guy, i wanna be with him, its that simple. plus, after age 25 there's not much time to kill, things get serious, and people want a serious candidate for a life partner.

What Girls Said 5

• You dating people your age? Because women in our age range that are single, never been married, no kids are feeling incredibly pressured by that ticking biological clock. A lot of women I know want to have kids before they're 30. If you're 27.. that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to do things in a slow fashion. But I agree, those conversations should not be had early on, but you have to see that they're starting to feel desperate and they're trying to grasp onto a straw and hang on to it.

They feel a sense of urgency about it, but it really shouldn't be rushed.

• There nothing wrong with letting your partner know from the beginning that you're looking for a relationship, not a hookup. That way both people cN be on the same page and not play games and waste each others time

• try dating older chicks who are over that stage, are comfortable with their independence and all that fun.

• I find that more of my friends (female) complain about this with their boyfriends. Guys seem to believe marriage and babies is in the future way before girls.

• I keep having the same issue with guys! What's your personality like?

• Very laid back honestly.

• Are you a quieter, thinking type?

I tend to run that way, and sometimes I think really needy and/or dominant guys see that and think it means they can fill up the open space with whatever they want.

• I'm somewhat like that. I tend to listen more than talk.

What Guys Said 3

• It's almost like you're not 25 any more.

A lot of women your age are looking for something serious, and if not, to move on.

• Dude, I like to have discussions up front to avoid wasting time. You need to know if you want the same things.

• Before dating though? I'm talking before date 1 here.

• If you're knocking out dealbreakers I can understand that. But I'm seeing girls who barely know their "boyfriends" moving in and moving out months later after getting beaten up here.

• Ya well, stuff doesn't always work out.

• Well, maybe it's women seeing the wall looming ahead and realizing the clock is ticking if they want to lock down an attractive guy, before the single attractive men move onto the next wave of hot young things.