Guys and girls, I REALLY would like some help! How do I tell if my friend of 3 years like me back?

I have this friend who I've known for about 3 years now. I've had a small crush on him before, but then we didn't see each other for a LONG time. This school year we started talking again and my crush got a lot bigger. We've hung out a lot lately and I'm over his house every other day hanging out with him and our mutual friends, but sometimes just him. We're pretty close and I really would like an outside opinion on the whole thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mmm well, I would say it depends on how he acts with you when you 2 are alone, does he flirts a little bit, treats you like one of his bros? Its easier to ask a mutual friend, preferably one that you trust.
    Now, if you want to make the bold step of asking him directly just do it in a private place where you can talk, alone and say it in the most honest, relaxed way you can. If the guy is mature enough he won't overreact and tell you how he feels and hopefully get what you want. I personally can still be friends with the girls if I don´t like them back, I don´t like to waste a frienship, and I know friendzoning is horrible but that's just how it works. Men are not so complicated when dealing with their emotions so I wouldn't expect some big reaction, just remember to act cool, ice cold, don't let it affect you too much.

What Guys Said 1

• I have a really dramatic and radical idea. How about... YOU ASK HIM? I know, how crazy is that? Seriously, you two have known each other for 3 years. If you can't speak your mind now, your romantic life has absolutely no hope, ever.

What Girls Said 1

• You'll never know for sure if you don't ask so you either take the risk and ask him or you leave things as they are. I know you come on here to try to get answers but unless you ask him there is no way of really knowing

• Yeah I know. I'm just not good with the whole relationship thing. How would I ask him tho? That's mostly my problem.