Somebody ever dated girls or guys that met on MySpace?

How was your first date?Are you still together?

Most Helpful Guy

• After swearing up and down for years that I wouldn't meet someone on MySpace (just because of all the horror stories I'd heard from friends), it's actually how I met the woman I'm currently dating. I was doing research for a story I was writing, and happened to stumble across her website where she sells her own artwork. She had a few pictures of herself on there too, and I thought she was attractive, so I sent her a message to start a conversation about her artwork first, then maybe take it from there (this was in November 2008). I never got a response, so I commended myself for making the attempt and moved on. In April 2009, she randomly commented on some of my pictures and called me "very handsome" on one of them. I got in touch with her, and we've been seeing each other ever since. She's a real sweetheart.

What Guys Said 2

• yes, I met my girlfriend online..we hung out.. hit it off. .and have been together for about 9 months now

• I have. more then I'm proud to say, like 4 times two of em I'm still talking to and good friends with . but from what I've been through id much rather meet the girl in person! its something that Myspace Can't give me.

What Girls Said 7

• I met my boyfriend about 2 and a half years ago on mypsace. He messaged me just saying hey and we started talking that summer. Once I talked to him for a while we met up at the movies with some friends in case he wasn't who he said he was, and then we started dating a month or so after meeting. We've been together for almost 2 years now. :)

• wow I read these stories and it seems like it works for a lot of people...i haven't though. I usually am introduced to guys that my friends talk to me about but I don't have time to date right now

• yea. dated a guy for almost 2 years. would still be with him if he didn't cheat on me. he just wasn't ready for things to be serious. understandable. great times. don't regret it at all.

• I haven't

But I met my ex Boyfriend on ICQ, ..but it became a long distance relationship, and we end up apart

sec time I met my current guy online, we really hit off. We haven't flirted online ..

It went well and he's good and romantic

• yes I've been on dates with two guys from MySpace. the first one I met off MySpace was great and everything I was looking for and looked better in person than in his pics. we dated 3 months but it didn't work out because he moved away. the second guy on the other hand had a bunch of old pics on his MySpace and when I met him in person he was like 50 pounds heavier and barely even looked the same it really upset me and so I called the date short and we never spoke again. in my opinion if looks matter to you then you should get with the person on the webcam or get them to send you a recent pic to make sure they look the same. if looks don't matter then it should be ok. I wouldn't meet them anywhere that isn't public though and maybe bring a friend to the first date to make sure they aren't a total creep.

• i had met my current boyfriend in public first...just in passing we were introduced...but he added me on Facebook and we just hit it off:) we have been together for about 5 years now:)

• no, but I have known people that have. it didn't last.