would you date someone who is not your "type?"?

My boyfriend said i am the complete opposite of his type. i am half hispanic, short, tan, almost no chest, curvy hips/thighs, very little. he says his type is white blue eyed girls with huge boobs... why would he tell me this? it has made me so upset. i have NEVER in my life been insecure about my looks, this is the first time I have ever felt inadequate... i feel like if a "hotter" girl came along he would just leave me for her. i told him it upsets me when he ALWAYS talks about how hot big boobs are and points them out on celebrities since i have small boobs, but he was just like "babe i am not dating you for your boobs, i love you" and then switched topics. i feel like he could have at least lied a little and said "no your boobs are perfect i love you" anything to make my feel better. he basically just acknowledged that yeah mine are not good enough for him but he likes me regardless, i feel like this is something you keep to yourself so you dont hurt your partner. he has a bit of a gut, i know he is self conscious, but i always tell him abs are overrated and i dont think he needs to lose weight or that he is fat, that i think he is hot the way he is because i dont want to hurt him. i wish he would do the same for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course! I think that the mentality of having a type is a joke! You know why? I know WAY too many people who went a married someone who was "not there type"!

Clearly he loves you for you, even if you don't fit his type. Isn't that what love is really about? Loving someone despite their flaws and imperfections?

• But she feels insecure and unattractive now. He should never had mentioned it.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes. I absolutely would date someone who isn't "my type". I like women who are around 5'6", naturally curly long red hair, green eyes and flat chested. I'm sure you have them too. Maybe a tall, ripped guy with 6 pack abs (just an example)

Now. "my type" doesn't mean that is all I would date. A womans mind, her heart, thoughtfulness, the way she cares. My type is only physical. What's inside means more.

If I'm in a relationship with someone. I'm sure as heck not going to leave her if a "my type" comes along. I won't just settle. If I'm with her it's because I WANT to be with her.

My type does not mean it's all inclusive.

• would you tell this to your girl though? that she isn't your "type?" and your answer was very sweet:) hopefully my bf thinks the same

• Thank you.

No I wouldn't say 'you're not my type' . But that being said if we were watching TV and a "my type" came on. I may say something like "She's pretty. I love the hair." or something similar.

When your BF said "babe i am not dating you for your boobs, i love you" you gotta believe him.
      And if he's not being truthful, he's shallow. And doesn't deserve you.

• What an interesting man. He must be older to be so bold.

• we are both 20

• Then he's dumb. Do away with him. He hasn't the common sense to see that purposefully harming others is foolish. At first I figured bravado but... idiocy is not something to bind yourself to for even a moment.

• The boobs can be fixed. The skin pigmentation and eye color? Not so much.

Lol.

• Thats what happens when you base your self worth on your looks.

What Girls Said 4

• You can have an honest guy or a liar. At least you have one that tells the truth. If you don't agree with things or have common interests (which you said) that's a reason to break up. That and he sounds kind of racist. If he only dates white girls how far can this relationship go?

• <33333

I mean, I kinda want to address the fact that a guy telling you 'oh, I usually only date white girls with blue eyes' is kinda really fucked up anyway? But, it's not really my place.

He's acting pretty inappropriately about it, idk. I don't think he's unattractive to you, at all, just... Yeah, really. I feel like that's a kind of 'oh, you aren't my *type*... what? oh, I'm not dating you for your looks! ha ha ha' that's just kinda inviting you to be insecure. Maybe he kinda wants that. Maybe HE feels insecure, and wants to make you feel insecure instead? Projecting, kinda. Subconsciously. I don't know

I'd talk to him about it. Like, not like come to him insecure like usual, just say to him 'hey you know, when you said that, that really hurt me, you know? It made me feel like I'm undesirable and I don't understand why you'd want me to feel that way.' Make him answer for himself. At least open some dialogue about it.

• Oh man I know how this feel. He is very insensitive and doesn't know how girls work! Have you tried speaking to him about it? Communication is key.

Don't be in a situation where someone is telling you, you aren't good enough. I have been there and it hurt like mad. I eventually stopped speaking to that person and now feel free from his judgement. Be with someone who loves every part of you and thinks you are exactly his type.

• Ew what a fckin pig. Dump his pretentious a$$ ... ? He's trying to manipulate you and emotionally abuse you so that you think you're not good enough and so you'll work harder to be "good enough" for him? What a loser lol.. so typical of an insecure douche...