How to stop looking at my phone to see if my crush texted me back?

Whenever Im texting my crush and Im at home whatever i was doing before I suddenly get very distracted and can't concentrate because I'm just thinking about him. I also keep looking at my phone to see if he answered yet. I do wait to text him back so i don't seem too desperate and I don't have a life, but i just want to be able to control this distraction and focus on what i was doing before hand. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Put the phone away or turn it off, I know I've gone through this before but chances are grater and sooner if you aren't checking your phone obviously.

What Guys Said 1

• No suggestions, but you aren't the only one, lol.

What Girls Said 2

• Haha! I always used to have that problem. I'm not sure what to do about it... I guess I just got over it after about a year of dating. I still stay up way too late texting my boyfriend, though. All of the ideas I'm thinking of seem so stupid to me... Sorry. :/ Maybe we can brainstorm?

• Are you turning your ringer off?

If so, The only way to really stop looking is to leave your ringer On. If you leave your ringer on, You can relax a little and actually Know when he texts you back by the alert. But if you turn your ringer Off you will be more likely to keep looking at your phone checking to see if he's texted back. It's more frustrating that way.

I have tried to turn my ringer off and it just made me think and wonder and look much more.

If this is not the case, I'm not quite sure

• That is what Im doing actually. Not sure if it will help me though because i used to do that and i still would even look at my phone haha i know dumb.