What metaphors would you use to describe online vs offline dating?

To me, it would be like:

Online: bulldozing through a garbage dump and finding the occasional discarded but still useful item

Offline: a mostly boring coal mine that is littered with diamonds everywhere.

Most Helpful Girl

• Online: Oh! An unwrapped Hershey's kiss that is MINE for the taking... Oh wait... 49894053405 other dudes just spotted it too. FML.

Offline: SO SPARKLY! SOSO SPARKLY! Uh-oh. Too sparkly... I can't handle the sparkliness... I WON'T SAY A WORD TO THAT SPARKLY PERSON.

Are these even metaphors? No right?
    Why did I answer this from the perspective of a guy?
    So. Weird.

• lol why did you do it from a guy's perspective?

• Good morning! And thank you, habibi :)

• lol good morning, habibs :)

What Girls Said 8

• i do personally think you find online exactly the same people you'll find 'offline', quality-wise. after all, the ones you're dating 'online' are the people you'll eventually see in person, after the 'rummaging'. and it's not like real life is 'littered with diamonds everywhere', really - it takes the same amount of effort to 'tell heaven from hell'.

• Online- it's just man shopping, scrolling through until you find one you want to buy
    But you still might send it back if it doesn't fit right or look weird when it arrives
    Then you buy something else

Offline- standing outside a sweets shop salivating over everything, saving up to get something, but eat too much and you might get sick :P

• online: life its like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get

offline: It's like pbandj, they gel

• Online: Going to a job interview with thousands of other people and only one position is available.

Offline: Going to a museum: you can look but you can't touch.

• Online: being a fat kid in a candy shop with a $50 bill.

Offline: looking for a needle in a haystack and possibly being stabbed.

• online: ”hey where's the cream filling?”

offline: ”now that's the stuff.”

• Online: a sinking ship full of alcoholics
    Offline: a one legged bird in the jungle

• Online: like going to the bookstore
    Offline: like watching movie trailers at the theater

What Guys Said 3

• Online: Using your machete you fight Forest Ants looking for the elusive Jewel of Hotness.

Offline: "Yes, I understand we're not compatible and you hate me. Let us commence hot love?" <--- It doesn't work.

• Metaphors for online dating vs offline dating

For men:
    Putting yourself in a Nazi concentration camp VS subjecting yourself to a firing squad
    For women:
    A grocery shopping trip to Whole Foods VS walking through a dark alley naked with money falling out of your ass

• This was meant to be somewhat facetious. The fact that all of the up votes are in agreement frightens me...w-what does this mean? it can't be true no

• Online and offline : A sea with lots of fish that want nothing to do with you