Can playing hard to get/being unavailable stop a guy's interest?

Okay so I really like my guy friend, he said he likes me too but he isn't ready for a relationship. I know that I would be the perfect girlfriend for him, I've tried to show him this by being there for him an supporting him at his gigs etc...but my friends suggested that maybe I should date other guys and be a little more unavailable as sometimes I feel he takes me for granted. So recently I've taken the advice on board and been getting a lot of unwanted male attention and not been so available with my guy friend. But I'm wondering if I keep this up will it push my guy friend away? Will he think I'm bored and that I've moved on, What shall I do? I just want him to realise that he needs to make a move fast before it's too late and that we could have the perfect relationship. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's not interested. It's just not happening.

Distance creates more distance. The "hard to get" thing only hurts girls and attracts players who want a quick fuck. So if anything, him being attracted to your games will mean he is only interested in hooking up for sexual activities and nothing more. Any guy looking for a relationship is either really dumb or desperate if they fall for "hard to get" nonsense.

What Guys Said 3

• We HATE girls playing hard to get. He said he isn't ready for a relationship, that was a brush off. Sorry but he will never be ready. You should move on.

• If he is in my current mindset he will run toward hills and sunset away from u. Dont play h2g. Rather be h2g naturally

• Yes it can if you play for too long.

What Girls Said 0