Does it make me a jerk if I stop talking to a girl because I asked her out and she said no?

It might sound mean of me but I feel this the first stop on the way to the friendzone. Am I being mean or not?

• Yes, at least still be her friend.
  • No, you are totally right.
Thanks to all for the answers I have gotten so far.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're only a jerk if you're rude to her or give her the cold treatment. But if you simply stop initiating contact, then that doesn't make you a jerk.

I'll tell you though, that stopping contact won't always get you out of the friend zone. She rejected you because she decided you're not what she's looking for, and that's not an easy thing to change. You'd be better off just being her friend (or not. whatever you want) and moving on to someone more suited to you.

What Girls Said 8

• I guess it depends on exactly what you mean by "stop talking to" her. It doesn't make you a jerk, but it's kind of silly. You don't have to be actual friends if you don't want to, by any means, but at least take the high road and don't make a point of completely ignoring her. That's just petty and will reflect poorly on your character more than anything.

• No, you like her, she doesn't like you. So, why bother, go find someone else

• its totally fine, I've done it too. who wants to talk to someone who rejected you? get away from them so u can forget and move on.

• It's not really a jerk move, it's kind of like moving on to the next one which isn't bad.

• No it's a good thing to just leave her alone after that. Even if you are still friends, friends don't need to talk to each other all the time

• It depends on how you act...if you're honest and say "sorry, I don't think we can be just friends because I want something more" then no, it doesn't make you a jerk.

But if you just stop talking to her and start ignoring her, then that's rude.

• Yea, I see your point sort of, maybe I'm just bitter, I met her at a bar and we had a few Beers, she acted a bit interested, then I asked her out via text and she said no.

• Next time ask a girl out in person or on the phone. She might have been turned off by you asking her out by text.

• Agree with bDizzie.

• It's fair.

• Depends. I hate when guys get so mad and pissy when you don't have mutual feelings. But if it hurts to much to be just her friend then I get it. Just don't do it out of spite.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope at at all bro...that's what I do.

Why spend time and physical/mental energy on a girl that's a dead dating prospect if you're not seeking female friends?

• Not at all. Just like she's not under any obligation to like you romantically, you are not under any obligation to keep a relationship with her, either.

• forget that girl. If a female dont give you want you want, leave her ass lol. Dont stay around and be her puppy. Fuck that bitch. Go get you some.