I like a geeky/nerdy guy, how do I get him to like me?

I like a guy who is considered a geek/nerd. For example, he works at a gaming workshop and in his spare time he constructs miniature models of the game figurines. I really like him because of his qualities. The only problem is I'm I'm used to dating guys that are not considered nerds so the usual flirting and games don't work with him. Any suggestions on how to get the guy or nerd in this case?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would seem all to often that we are of the impression that we have to "be" a certain way to get to know somebody better. While I can appreciate that approaching this guy might be something new for you, and that you want it to go well (a good thing). I would recommend that you just be yourself and be honest with him, in the sense that you would like to ask him out, start out with something small like asking him to coffee, this way you are both in a familiar setting and you can talk a little more to him, to find out if you have similar interests. While you may not build miniatures the idea seems to intrigue you, and you might ask him more about that, who knows you might develop an interest in it. At least you will have a common ground from which to form further conversations. Additionally if he gets to know you a little better he may have some questions for you as well. At any rate I hope this helps you some. Be well.

What Guys Said 9

• It sounds like you man need to take a bit more control in the "getting to know each other" aspect to this process now if he doesn't seem to get the hints from you flirting. If he's not really experienced with that thing he may miss you flirting all together. So be blunt about it. Talk to him and be friendly every chance you get without being overbearing. The more present you are the better chance he'll be thinking about you. You may even want to suggest to hang out more.

You'll have to be patient but a little nudging and he may come around and it'll be worth it

• Have you tried just going into the store and talking to him? Just pick up some game and ask him what he thinks of it. And be sure to smile.

You're pretty enough you shouldn't have any trouble at all.

There is always the possibility though that he already has someone else or is simply not interested, so it could be the case that nothing works on him.

• Be patient get to know him a little and send some hints don't be afriad to be blunt with him If said hints don't work.

• He may not get asked out a lot so he won't understand the flirting and games as a sign you like him. Just tell him you like him and also tell him why. Hopefully it makes him more comfortable around the idea of dating you. Then ask him out.

• Be on the same level

• sheesh just ask him already

• Ask him out yourself, he will be happy.

• Ask him out.

• Yup just ask him out and if he says yes after he shits himself you are all set

What Girls Said 0