I'm 36 and no gf.. should I throw in the towel?

'm 36 and no gf.. should I throw in the towel? There's no hope

Most Helpful Girl

• Ever think about switching teams?

Maybe there is a very nice boy out there for you.

• Have you? I'm straight

• Ok.. Do you want to private message me to continue? or ask and answer openly?

• Private

What Girls Said 11

• Well can you honestly 100% say that you tried your absolute hardest and have maximized your opportunities? in my opinion there is someone out there for everyone but it might mean that you have to endure many rejections, heartbreaks and failures. Very few people in life seem to get it easy when it comes to love. It's honestly a battleground and you will likely get wounded...over and over again. But the truth is, eventually you'll lead to victory as long as you never give up. Throwing in the towel is just setting yourself up for a life full of wasted opportunities and misery. Hang in there.

• I just can't take another 18 years of rejection

• stop looking so hard. she probably right in front of you.
    change up your daily activities; if you dont have any get some, there are so many people in the world its ridiculous when people give up, dont be lazy cause anything worth working for is always the best.

for example i started going to the gym again and i can't even begin to tell you the types of people you run into or start conversations with.

• Like I tell others I can't afford a gym membership at the moment

• who said I'm going to be single

• me; you are pessimistic.
      you may find someone but i doubt they will stay with all this negativity

• Yep. I would.

• No, look at the people dating. What makes them different than you

• They're good looking

• I don't see any problem here. She didn't address anything at all. It is an assumption. The important thing is do you agree? How do you find yourself?
      People always judge. But what is your own opinion?

• She's right about me.. I have no self esteem and she preys on that

• No! Consider hiring a life coach, or joining clubs, sports, church etc...36 is not too old...60 is not to old, you're never to old!

• I want to be in love when I'm young

• If you read what I wrote you'll see that I did help. I suggested things for you to try. I will not reply to you again as I don't think you're here for help, but rather to argue because you're miserable.

• I am miserable no doubt but i want a gf to take my misery away

• Are you too picky, perhaps? The perfect woman doesn't exist. Just focus on finding a person that you're compatible with, and you'll be fine.

• I'm not picky at all.. why do people assume that

• No. Don't give up! Since when did mid thirties become old anyways? I'm starting a protest ;)

• This woman on here said I should turn gay and that no woman would ever date me cuz they sense something Is off with me.. do they know the damage they're doing to me

• Well you can choose to believe me or you can believe her. I'm just giving you my opinion based on your age but your perspective of yourself will have a huge impact on who wants to be with you.

• She said I was gay and women can sense that but I'm not gay

• nope..get out there and meet new people! :)

• NEVER GIVE UP

• Yes
    joking nope I don't think so:0 lot of people don't find GF so why give up :♣

• This girl on here says I should be gay cuz women sense something is wrong with me

• There you go see you said yourself that is not your fault they don't want you
      ..:3 :3

• What do you mean

• Join the club.

• Doesn't answer my question

What Guys Said 11

• If you are obsessed with finding a girlfriend you are never going to find one that is good for you. You will end up with a lot of miss right nows, and not a miss right.
    It happens when it happens.
    Im 36 and Im single and I just live my life. Searching for your one true love is not really viable. It will happen or it will not. But giving up hope really is not much for a happy life.
    I've been single more or less for about six years, and I have dated a few people, most of which ended up like something out of a horror movie or worse, but it never stopped me from hoping. Giving up hope is giving up on happiness. I do take breaks from dating. But it doesn't stop me from being happy no matter what. If you aren't happy with yourself you are never going to be happy with anyone, always remember that.

• If you have the strength to draw breath then you have the strength to continue to chase whatever you want in life. There are people in this world that struggle desperately to survive to the point that they can't even think about finding a girlfriend. You're in a privileged position my friend ;)

• Is throw in the towel a euphemism for masturbate?

If so probably, though you could try holding off it might give you the kick to go hit on more girls ;p

• You're not really missing much. p*rn ftw.

• Nope you never too old to keep trying, so don't throw in the towel, as their are women in you situation too.

• Bull. Women have all the power

• Never too late man.

• Honestly, yeah.

I'm getting up there too, I think there are better things to spend your time on then looking for, or thinking about relationships. Even with you ideal mate it probably wouldn't be worth it. Devote yourself to something that matters to you or would be revolutionary.

• Well sorry I like sex

• 5'10 why

• Just curious, good luck in your search my friend

• We always say there are no guarantees in life, but people seem to think that everyone is guaranteed to find a mate. How hypocritical. It's cool being single. You have been brainwashed your whole life into believing that you need a gf to feel complete, but you don't. Live your life and when you have urges, go get a hooker or escort. Every guy pays for sex anyways regardless if its Valentine's day or a brothel in Vegas. You will save and have more money.

• Yeah, whatever stops the whining. Whiny people aren't fun to be around.

• Where was I whining

• Because you told me to throw away the towel. . Who said you're Better than me

• Throw IN the towel. Throwing away the towel sounds like you're going to off yourself or something drastic like that. YOU asked the question of if you should throw in the towel. I said, after some comments, that you should. And then you get pissy at me? Dude, make some sense. And nowhere in this post did I say you were less than me.

I mean, I know you're trying to get sympathy from this post...which you won't get. But social customs dictate that I pretend like I don't know why you're making so little sense.

So in regards to that: why are you making such little sense?

• No shame in giving in. Everyone has a breaking point.