Why would this guy ask this question? Plese help, would really appreciate answers!!!

My brother has this friend who I have met a few times in person. My brother thinks we would be a good match together, so he gave me his number. We have been texting for a few weeks, and we have spoken on the phone a few times. He has initiated several of the conversations, and his messages are long. He seems interested in what I'm doing and we laugh a lot and joke around. However, he's a very shy guy and quite nervous. Today my brother asked me what I thought of his friend. I asked my brother why he asked, and he said "My friend asked me if you'd said anything positive about him".

Just wondering why the guy would ask my brother this? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• As a brother, if I ask my sister a question like this, you better believe this guy is a good guy. My sister is family and I wouldn't consider most of my friends for her. If I did have a friend that was good enough for her, then he is probably a saint. He is probably nervous because he is friends with your brother. If he messes this up, he not only ends it with you, but with his friend. He has got to tread lightly. Use it in your favor, and play it cool. He likes you. He doesn't know you like him. The cards are stacked against him in this case. Take advantage of it.

What Guys Said 12

• It sounds like your friend has told your brother that he likes you, which is probably why your brother got you two talking to each other. Because the brother is the mutual contact between the two of you, so it would be reasonable of the friend to ask your brother if he knew anything. You mention he's a pretty shy guy, an this is probably just another part of that shyness. He wants to know whether you have any interest in him, but he doesn't want to face you directly and potentially be embarrassed. The only message I would take away from this is that the friend likes you :P

• Well he wants to get of an idea of whether or not you like him.

From your description of this guy, it's pretty clear that he's into you. So, it's natural that he wants to know whether or not you feel the same. If you do like him, I'm sure this will give him a confident boost.

• Especially with a shy guy like this he is likely really in to you but worried you don't really like him back. It's possibly his personality has led him believe things you say don't show that you're interested, maybe he's just insecure. Bottom line is he's interested and wants to know if you are too

• Id have to go with he likes you? I mean its kind of obvious if he is asking your brother what you think of him..thats just simple math there.

• "My friend asked me if you'd said anything positive about him".

Lol your brother gave a classic oblivious guy response. Instead of just asking what you thought of him, he told you that he was asked to ask.

• Thanks for your response. What does it mean though?

• That the other guy is interested in you obviously.

What is it with your family?

• Thanks for your help.

• He likes you very much and wants some sort of conformation you like him too before he makes a move. If he is shy like me he lives in fear of rejection and not being good enough!

• Maybe because he wants to know?

• He likes you and tried to know whether you like him or not.. by your brother.what is the need to get a positive impression on him.he is shy to ask you directly

• He probably just wants confirmation. If he likes you but is shy he probably just wants to be certain that you like him before he let's you know

• How obvious does he have to be? He wants to know if you like him.

• ... he likes you.

What Girls Said 9

• He just wants to know if you're interested in him. If you say something positive to your bro, obviously he'll go and tell this friend of his and he will ask you out. Its just a way of knowing if your answer will be positive or not because guys really fear rejection...

• he want to know what you think of him,

• he is interested in you too..but he is shy...try to break the ice

• Maybe your brother knew he liked you and wanted you two to start dating. Thats the only thing I can think of.

• The guy is interested in you. Why else would he want to find out what you think about him? Do you like him?

• Hi thanks so much for your help. Yeah I do like him. Maybe he was just asking because he likes me as a friend though?

• No. I doubt it. Guys don't care about girls who are just their friends enough to ask about their opinion of them. He probably likes you, but don't get your hopes high cause it's probably just infatuation right now

• he wants to know how you see him, and hopefully you might be interested in him

• lol..you have asked this question a few days ago...

Don't understand why your brother doesn't see through this...it's obvious his friend is crushing on you...what does your brother think about it?

• Maybe your bro is hinting at the fact that his friend has his eyes set on you? Props on your bro for taking it so well...usually bros don't let their sisters near their friends.

• He likes you and wants to know if you like him as much as he likes you. Normally when girls have crushes, they'll talk about them.