Why does he get mad when I want to check his phone?

I have trust issues. My bf gets mad when I ask to check his phone sometimes. He says it's because he gets mad that I don't trust him. One night we got in an argument and i went to go sleep on the couch. He's told me to leave my phone upstairs. Which i don't know why. Then I said k give me your phone and he said no you don't need it and grabbed it out of my hand. Why does he get mad that I want to check his phone sometimes? I know it's his phone but to help my trust issues I like to check it once in awhile. I'd let him see mine anytime he wanted too. Could he be hiding something or does he just want me to trust him? One time I thought he was texting another girl and he got his phone bill for me and I found out he wasn't so he was really telling the truth. Please no rude comments.

• Is he hiding something
  • or does he just want me to trust him

Most Helpful Guy

• he's not hiding something he just wants you to trust him.

If he was being unfaithful he wouldn't trust you, he'd be asking to see your phone and take you up on your offer. Far too many girls are insecure like you in relationships and through being so insecure you simply cause cracks in the relationship and push your boyfriends away. You need to fix it.

• If he's unfaithful, he doesn't care about her. Why would he want to check her phone?
      Plus, he shouldn't be so defensive of his phone if he has nothing to hide.

• Because if he didn't care at all, he wouldn't bother holding onto her if she was giving him hassle and he was getting what he wanted elsewhere.

It seems like he's more insulted by the QA not trusting him than being worried about her finding things on his phone.

What Guys Said 6

• This is your problem and he has no part in it. I strongly suggest you find a therapist you like and can talk to. Then lay it all out and let the therapist take you through whatever is needed to get to the bottom of this issue and resolve it. I lived with a snoop for 27 years and got to really hating her for doing it. If you finally can't trust him, find a boyfriend you can.

• I'd break up with you the minute you tried to check my phone so you're actually pretty lucky that your boyfriend only gets mad at you. There's no excuse for invading someone's privacy unless you can prevent illegal activity.

• Why? Because you're prying into his personal stuff. Doesn't mean he's cheating or anything.

• Slight invasion of privacy. People need a life outside the couple

• I'd be mad at my gf for not giving me my privacy. Insecurity and jealousy is a deal breaker for me.

• I think it might be both. He is insulted that you don't trust him, but he is most likely hiding something as well.

• Well he does watch p*rn and i found a video in his downloads on his phone one time so maybe he's just embaressed I'd find something like that again?

• And sometimes I will ask for it and he will hand me it with no problem. So I don't know what to think

• That makes it sound like it depends on if he has remembered to erase whatever it is he doesn't want you to see, and has nothing to do with being insulted about your not trusting him.

What Girls Said 7

• would you let him check your phone is he wanted to and not get mad that he asked to?

• This is dumb childish games. Why Would you get involve in a relationship when the basis foundation of a relationship is trust? I don't know why he would ask for your phone... Unless he's insecure.

• You are just doing it out of the blue and he hasn't been doing anything suspicious so why do it? Trust your boyfriend or what will he think about your relationship? It's kind of like if your parents took away your phone for no reason and went through it. Makes no sense!

• If he has nothing to hide, he may still be upset and wih you soul trust him more but to assure you is not doing anything he shouldn't, he should still let you see his phone. Sounds kind of shady to me.

• Lol ik this is just a poll but wouldn't you be mad if he tried to check his phone? It means there is no trust it doesn't feel good lol

• He's got something to hide. Otherwise, he wouldn't give a rat's ass.

• Has he ever given you a reason not to trust him?

• Well when I thought he was lying I found out that he was telling the truth. But still in back of my head that maybe he's just good at lying and hiding stuff.

• So, in other words, the answer is "no he's never done anything I'm just insecure"?

In that case, you have no right to go through his phone and he's in the right to be mad at you for it.