What do I have to do to get a girlfriend?

I would like a GF before I'm dead but it seems like I'm either limited to paying money for some dating site, or paying a hooker two things I don't want to do. I'm always being told just be yourself but guess what ITS GOTTEN ME NOWHERE. I'm starting to believe this be yourself thing is something people say to ugly or unattractive people because they know no one finds them attractive. I don't act like a jerk and I'm very polite to people I would act like a jerk if I knew how but I can't. I can talk to 100's of women and girls a week and still get nowhere. Please what are my options.

• I know the feeling guys are limited to dating
  • I'm a girl but can understand the frustration
  • Some guys have all the luck
  • I think it all depends how good looking the guy is.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had this same problem. All my friends seemed to be savants when came to women. They always had girlfriends and/or with hooking-up with beautiful women. Despite being jerks while I was the nice guy watching on the sidelines. And it really got to me. It was making angry, depressed, and self-loathing. So I decided to do something about it.

First I decided to find out what things girls found attractive. Humor, Intelligence, Success, Good Looks, Empathy, etc. And then I made it my mission to develop each one of these qualities.

I was determined to become a better version of myself, a guy girls would happily fawn over. It was an obsession of mine. I started going to gym and working everyday. I even got myself a personal trainer. I revamped my entire wardrobe, and started wearing more stylish outfits. I got myself a better job. I started keeping up with current events and celebrity gossip so I would have things to talk about.

Once I started building the traits I went out starting interacting with people. Networking is a key part of making friends and ultimately finding a girlfriend. I used to be a very shy guy but I made myself more outgoing my going all the time and talking to every person I could. You will never meet new girls staying in at your house or by going to the same places. You need to try to new things and meet new people.

At first the transition was very difficult. I felt awkward and all interactions but as time went on interacting with people and flirting with girl became second nature. At this points it's more of a hobby of mine then anything.

Now, I have had several girlfriends, lost my virginity, and quite regularly have hook-up with women. I suppose the whole gist of what I'm trying to say if you really want something make it happen. Become the best possible version of yourself and unleash it upon the world.

What Girls Said 10

• First change your user name. You are already giving wrong impression.
    Then look the poll you suggested, only men voted D.
    And being polite should be natural human behavior, I don't see any problem there.
    Not just girls, people like confident people. If you are rejected, so what? Are you dead?
    I really don't get it. Why men take rejection so seriously whereas there are thousands of girls out there?
    People often create their reality. Create something beautiful for yourself. This would be better than having a girl.

• What's wrong with my username? I'm only telling the truth. Women only like confident good looking men. And lets see why Us men take rejection seriously. Are you freaking kidding me? Do you have any idea how nerve racking it is to even approach someone? No you know why BECAUSE YOU BEING A GIRL NEVER HAVE TO APPROACH. That has to be the dumbest thing I've read yet. Put yourself in a guys shoes.

• Sorry I have a hard time believing that.

• No you are free whatever you want to believe in.

• Your replies are bitter. Change the attitude and you might find women will be more open. Most women can sense an angry bitter man. You'll probably reply that you're not, but your screen name says it all. Seek therapy to figure out why you're so invested in the idea you're not likeable. You put out what you want to receive and you ate putting the signals out that you're resentful towards women because you haven't met the right one.

Also, those sites that you pay for to meet people do work if you choose the higher end one. Try harmony and maybe try to sound a bit more happier in your profile. No girl wants to date a man who is unhappy.

• WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU LOOKING? I know so many girls that are crying about being in the same position. Keep your eyes open.

• It doesn't matter where I look I still get treated like crap.

• Trouble is girls get major tunnel vision, but don't do anything about it.

• The only tunnel vision they see is the good looking rich guy.

• Stop wining and be a man. Also quit changing your user id's on here.

• The day i stop whining is the day women just admit the damn truth. And my username stays.

• Nope I like the way my life is. All you women and girls are nothing but hypocrites.

• And there lies your problem.

• Read a dating help book

• Why? Their all crap and just a way for the writers and publishers to make money off other peoples loneliness.

• Looks matter more than personality and confidence that's for sure.

• Then save up for plastic surgery if you are so unhappy

• Voted B
    Also, do "want" to have a girlfriend but never "need" to have one. There's a big difference.

• You must reach level thirty, and complete two quests in which you slay dragons. Once you complete these objectives you will advance to the class of Boyfriend Material. Good luck.

• Righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt Sure whatever you say. In other words I need to become a douche bag.

• Lol wut? It was a joke xD it has absolutely nothing with the kind of guy you need to be.

• Sure girls don't like douche bags.

• Please stop hating yourself it's making me really depressed :(

• Some guys have all the luck.. I guess you need more effort. I don't feel the same way but maybe you are looking for a high standard or maybe the timing is not right..

• Of course you don't feel the same way why would you? Oh that's right your a girl you don't have to approach.

• Yea.I did that once to the one I like so much before and the good thing is we both feel the same.

• LOL you only had to ask out one guy to even get a yes? Do you realize guys have to ask dozens of women before he even gets a yes?

• i feel the same way with me getting a boyfriend

• Don't take offense but your not even 18 so you have no idea what it feels like, plus you being a girl have it 100x easier when it comes to dating period.

• That's true because girls are conditioned to have a guy make the first move. Girls rarely do it.

• Yup. Even unattractive girls think their entitled to MR GQ lol.

What Guys Said 10

• The answer to this question can't be found in your poll options...it has nothing to do with "it sucks to be a man", it has nothing to do with luck, and it has nothing to do with looks.

It really is mostly about confidence, feeling good about yourself, having passions in life, being an attractive and fun person to be around, etc.

My advice to you would be to get involved in some activities that you love and make you feel good about yourself. Maybe start getting some more exercise (from which the mental benefit will probably outweigh the physical ones...seriously, you'd be surprised). Invest more time into doing things that you're fiercely passionate about. It'll help immensely, I promise! :-)

• Become more successful and/or improve your outward appearance. Also, to expand your dating pool, approach various types of women. For some, dating is numbers game.

Another effective way to date successfully is to meet people through your friends, coworkers, and relatives.

• You're clearly not talking to hundreds of women a week or you would not be asking this question.

• Why is it hard to believe I have nothing in common with the opposite sex?

• I find it hard to believe that you've talked to enough girls to know that. I had never been able to find anyone that I had more than a couple of things in common with (because my interests are so diverse and unusual), boy or girl. But I didn't let that discourage me. I kept putting in the effort to find a girlfriend and I finally found a girl that I have more in common with than anyone I've ever met. It just takes patience and persistence.

• Start talking to women in your own league. You're likely shooing too high.

• That's the problem I can flirt with a girl who's average and still get rejected.

• Well you do get women who are after money but do you want to date a girl like that. Is almost the same as hiring a hooker. In actual fact is the worse kind of prostitution, manipulative etc...

• Its hard not to be bitter when all types of women don't give you a chance.

• 100's of girls a week hey? Ever asked one to go do something?

She's not gonna fall in your lap you know...

• OK maybe not 100's. But still even If I ask out lets say 10? I still get a no or rejected.

• I'm not the type go clubing or to bars. I also don't do BBQ's.

• Stop the excuses dammit! What do you do for fun?

• look up David Wygant

• First rule don try to talk with them listen..

• Just talk and be more social you'll get there eventually, oh and be brave and bold

• Voted nothing.

Be yourself.

• I'm a guy and i am the complete opposite

i don't like female attention or any attention at all

i get a lot of stares from woman/girls from all colors and your lucky to be in the position that you are (you are not ''examined'' 24/7 by females like i am)

these stares are probably not because i'm some prince charming by the way lol (my opinion)

but in all fairness you are lucky you are not the center of attention for females whether good or bad

• WTF your complaining about girls actually checking you out and you hate it?