Bf is still upset over drunken incident, is he overreacting?

Well this Monday was my day off and decided to go to a friend's party and later on meet my bf.

Long story short, I was kind of drunk and somehow we started arguing. The drunk was about us not spending some more quality time together.

I guess since I was drunk, this gave me little time to think. What happened is I said some bad word and then threw my drink in his face. It got silent and a couple mintutes later, he was no where to be seen. A couple friends of mine took me home. I wasn't going to be able to walk all alone esp at a very late hour.

Anyways, the following day I tried calling him and talk about other subjects but he wouldn't answer. I was just drunk that one time but I know my drinking limit now. It's right now been 2 days. Is he still going to be upset?

Most Helpful Guy

• You may have been drunk. It may have been a one time thing. But that doesn't let you off the hook. What you did was pretty bad and it probably really made him think.

He's still pissed. Or things you said and did made him question if you are the right person for him. Or made him question if he was the right person for you. He's seen a side of you that he probably doesn't like. Drunk or not, you hurt him.

Give him time and see if he comes around. Unless there were already problems with the relationship he'll probably get over it.

Also, is it possible that he REALLY dislikes drinkers? For some people that's a deal killer.

What Guys Said 7

• Overreacting? You deserve to have your ass kicked to the curb. You MAJORLY disrespected him. And to top it all off, in front of others. Consider yourself lucky if he's nice enough to keep you.

• But this isn't my usual self. It's like I wasn't me at that moment.

• Doesn't matter. You fucked up big time. All you can do is beg and fir his forgiveness. You haven't a leg to stand on.

• I probably wouldn't dump you if it was a first time, but he definitely has a right to be upset. Dumping you might be an overreaction, but ignoring you for a few daysor more is the least you deserve. You're actually lucky he is ignoring you. He is probably blowing off steam right now. Guys do not usually take too long to make a decision, so I don't think he is planning to dump you.

I think is is very immature for people to blame inappropriate behavior on drinking. You do not all of a sudden lose your free will once you get drunk. If you really believe drinking was the problem, do not drink anymore. That excuse can only work so many times.

• I'd dump you.

• Unless we went WAY back, I'd probably never speak to you again.

• That's not my usual self. Have never done anything like this before.

• How long have you known him, though? If it's been a few months or less, I mean, if you don't have a REALLY strong bond that comes from going through a lot together...that's the sort of thing that would make me instantly dismiss you.

People make mistakes, but they also suffer the consequences of those mistakes.

• Since our Junior year of HS.

• NO he isn't overreacting , and your trying to use "I was drunk" as a excuse

• He probably just thinks you're immature and too emotional. These are two things that most guys find very unattractive. He probably just doesn't want to have anything to do with you now

• People often like to use drinking as an excuse for their actions. This may be a one time incident and if so then maybe that is fine. Regardless just keep your distance and give him space and time to decide what he should do.

What Girls Said 6

• cmon everybody with the negative answers, everyone makes mistakes, right?
    Hun, no he is not overreacting what you did was wrong, but hopefully not unforgivable. Of course you know what you said when drunk was prob a problem that has been on your mind but maybe to scared to talk to him about it sober.
    What you need to do is be sincere and call him, doesn't matter if he doesn't answer, apologize to him and ask for his forgiveness.
    Then back off and give him a little time to cool off.

• Everyone reacts to situations differently, and everyone also has different opinions on drunk people. He may realize that you were drunk, and out of your mind, and he's just a bit insulted. However, he could believe that whenyou were drunk, you said your true feelings about your relationship. Either way, he can't avoid you forever. Go over to his house and talk it out. Who knows, maybe his phone is broken? :)

• I would have broken up with you on the spot. Drunk or not if you dont have enough self control to not throw drinks in your partners face then you dont deserve to be with them in the first place. Be glad he didn't immediately dump you. He may be taking the "quiet time apart" to think about What he wants to do.

• I didn't mean it. How long is he going to stay upset? I really don't want this to end over this stupid drunken episode of mine. Have never done anything like that before.

• I think that would be more insulting than just throwing my drink to my bf.

• You threw a drink in his face. I think that counts as being just about the same if not then its pretty close. Both are disrespectful and humiliating.

• YOU overreacted. He should have dumped you then for that

• I wasn't being myself at that moment. I'm normall not the type of girl to react that way and that's actually the first time I've ever thrown a drink in a guy's face.

• He won't answer the phone. I guess I'll write an email then.

• Just give it a little time then? If he isn't answering he still needs time.
      We all make bad decisions and if you genuinely are and make him believe that you're sorry, out could go alright. But he might need some time to think on it after that

• Yeah it was rude of you but it's common sense not to talk about issues you're having as a couple while one of you is drunk. He should have waited to talk about it until you were sober.

Give him a bit hell probably come around. But if not, at least you'll learn your lesson.

Also who gets that drunk on a Monday? :s

• No he's not overreacting. You embarrassed him and disrespected him. I would have dumped your ass right then and there.