If we're not dating, why does he consider me "his girl?"?

I've been hooking up with a guy from school; it's not serious, nor is it a relationship, but we do spend almost every second together. Today while we were hooking up he stopped kissing me and said, "yeah, you're mine." I asked what he meant by that and he said, "you're kinda my girl."

What does that mean and why did he say it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you two hang out all the time and y'all are kissing so if I was around and saw it I'd consider you two to be a thing :) You must like him somewhat and he likes you too so he prob considers you to be his girlfriend or at least he's trying to make a move :)

What Guys Said 2

• If you like him back then ask him for a date.
    Simple :)

• You're worrying too much about words. It doesn't mean anything. Not everything a guy says has meaning to it. He was just horny and that's what he likes to say when he's horny. If it bugs u then tell him

What Girls Said 1

• If you're just hooking up I would say it's more of a property/ownership thing. Not romantically.