How long can you safely ignore a girl for?

I kind of lost interest in this girl who doesn't reciprocate on dates but texts me all the time. I lost the energy to initiate after our last date which went bad, so I ignored her. One week later, she texts me saying that she's really sorry. I replied with "no worries, i forgot all about it". 2 weeks later, I still don't have the energy or interest to initiate with her.

From past experience:
- If you ignore a girl and then initiate with her, for some reason, they go beserk and think they've gained the upper hand. They'll delete you from their contacts, Facebook etc.
- If you ignore a girl for a long time, they'll start a vicious hate campaign against you and will permanently give you the cold shoulder.

What's your take on this? If you have no interest in a girl, would you re-initiate contact? If so, after how long?

Most Helpful Girl

• why would you initiate contact with a girl you have no interest in at all, let alone re-initiate contact? Seems like a waste of effort to me.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't initiate contact with her if you're not interested, because if you do, she'll assume you are. It's obvious.

So whenever you do feel like you might be interested, talk to her. But don't stop talking again. That'll confuse her and you'll lose any chance you have.

And if you don't want to talk to her, don't initiate anything with her. So what if she gives you the cold shoulder? You're the one who isn't interested. You can't ignore her now and expect her to be hanging around later.

• I think you should just walk away unless you wanted to give it another shot. Let her delete you from social media and give you the cold shoulder...she was probably more invested in this than you were...it is most likely a coping mechanism for her to take all those actions.

• If you only want a friendship then bluntly tell her. Not sure what a hate campaign is? She spreads rumours about you? If she's bashing you behind your back why even reconnect with her?

• i dont get this at all.

What Guys Said 1

• how about telling her in a nice way, that you lost interest? women can´t read minds!