How do you know you are in love?

The title basically says it all. How do u know if you are in love with someone? Is there a certain feeling that u feel in your body? Do u feel it in your stomach? What do u feel?

How do u know it's not just a typical attraction? Is there even a difference? I guess maybe the title of this question didn't say it all.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you could see yourself spending the rest of your life with them, putting them first instead of yourself, that crazy butterfly feeling in the pit of your stomach everytime you are with them or think about them, getting lost in each other's eyes and not even having to say a word you just know. Attraction is just attraction. You like the way they look. Love is loving everything about them: looks personality, quirks, and so on. There's a difference. You will know when you are in love

• "love is loving everything about them" Yup. This. Too often people think "omg we've been together two months I love you" when in reality they don't know everything about each other yet to be in love.

• Thanks Goldcobra!!

• Love you kris

What Girls Said 9

• I don't really know how to explain it. It's just this crazy intense feeling you get looking at that person…you feel all giddy and for a split second think "I don't know what I'd do without them." If that feeling is still there after being with them through the ups and downs, then you've really got something special : )

Annnnnnd I legitimately started tearing up thinking about my bf and answering this lol. God I'm such a sap *rolls eyes*

• When you see rainbows everywhere , there you got it.
    Honestly there is no logical explanation. It is crazy feeling, and even though you are most logical human being, when you've in love you can be the craziest on this planet.

• Everyone says "You'll just know" but I really have no idea. I don't think I'm mature enough to feel real love yet. It's a concept I can't really understand.

• When you can, without questioning, know you'd drop everything and do anything for them. When you can see a good future :)

• You get butterflies in your stomach. metaphor

• You just know.

• no way, he has a better one than that

• body wise, yes, but did you get a close up. He looks like he is about to...

• 1. when i get jealous
    2. when i get anxious/worried over the safety or health of the other person
    3. when i blush...:P

• I used to get very breathless when he was around.

It's been a long time since then though. I haven't felt the same feeling since.

• You just feel it one day. That's what I think anyways. I think one day I will be with my bf , just doing ordinary things, and I will be overwhelmed with love towards him.

What Guys Said 5

• Fuck if I know.. I feel personal attachments to people but I'm not sure if that's love or just a strong bond? I don't think that butterflies in the stomach feeling is love because that is usually temporary. Is love what comes after stage? How long does that stage last for? Eh I don't understand this stuff.

• I get all excited and wanna show off ma skillz to her. Always wanting to look her way but avoid maken eye contact x)
    Butterflies in ma stomach as well

• When you get butterflies in your stomach when you see the person. Unless you're like me and those butterflies turn out to be Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

• When you wake up with your only desire is to make her/him happy, when you forgive her for every mistake she makes (to an extent, obviously not cheating) because you know her as a person and you know that it's not within her to do something that would hurt you, and finally when you know that you'd give up whatever dreams or goals you may have as a person if it meant keeping your relationship with her/him alive.

• i get a boner.