What do you think about wives who stay with cheating husbands?

They have given them kids, love and support. They have even wasted money and time on these relationships to make it work. They have invested money they worked for to go out on trips and gifts for these cheating men. They have paid mortgage to have a house with these undeserving men. This all goes vice versa because women cheat too. What do you think about the chump partner?

People these women work. She has wasted hours working and it's her own money she's wasting.

Most Helpful Guy

• First things first, I don't feel it's my place to judge somebody else and their choices, as I'm sure they have their reasons. Secondly every relationship is unique, granted this doesn't make it a good or bad relationship. However I can speak from some degree of experience in the sense that my first wife stepped out on me, and when she revealed this to me and that she was carrying somebody else's child, I agreed to stay with her if she would quit cheating, and additionally I would raise the child as my own, after-all it's not the fault of the child. At any rate, she ended up leaving me anyway, which looking back on it now, was probably more of a blessing in disguise than anything that might have happened had she stayed. Just before she left though, it became clear to me that being alone and having nothing was better than all the pain I went through, and I also knew that when I got into another relationship, that while I will tolerate a lot, cheating will be my breaking point, and when I met my now wife, I made a point to make sure she understood this, and fortunately for me, she has been true to me. So how does this affect my thoughts on others? Well I know it took me a while to get to a quitting point, so maybe they haven't gotten there yet.

What Guys Said 7

• Well, it might be more complicated than you think. I don't think anyone should stay with a serial cheater. That being said, I also don't think that divorce should be the automatic reaction the first time a spouse commits an infidelity.

My friend's wife cheated on him. They worked things out and believe it or not their marriage is actually stronger.

I did think Hera was an idiot for staying with Zeus...

• I think it's a little more complicated than that and we shouldn't really just jump to the conclusion of just calling them idiots, or stupid. That's not our place and also we have no clue what really even happened..

• What can happen next is the wife than continues the cycle and she finds a lover out of spite. Now the man has lost respect for her too and now you have two hurt people.

• They just don't give a shit anymore. Imagine having sex for 10 years and getting bored and taking joy in other stuff like kids and status. The other stuff matters more than who their husband is fucking.

• The title should say What do you think of people who stay with cheaters.

• they did for the country, for the fathers who founded it

• I was dating this "good girl" very conservative and we were play pool with my family for a couple hours and when we left she told me the whole time she was fantasizing that I would pin her up against the wall and f her. My jaw hit the floor cause we hadn't even had sex before that.

• What does that have to do with the question?

What Girls Said 10

• As a couple people have said, I don't really think it's as simple of a choice as we may think. Especially when there's kids involved and depending on there age, it's not gonna be easy for them to understand what's going on. Plus, if the guy only cheated one time and it was not about sex but more about an emotional connection he felt was missing. And, for a brief moment got that from someone else and gave in. As horrible as that is, it is something you could work past in time. Especially, if he was up front and honest about it. I know cheating is bad and I would never want to be cheated on, but I think it's worse when a woman stay's with a guy who abuses her then one who cheated on her. At least in my opinion.

• I think it takes a great woman to have the will to stay with an unfaithful husband. I'm not much of a believer of divorce, but there has been marriages that I have seen that HAD to end. But it's really their choice, not mine.

• I dont think anything of it, because it is their life

• ...Idiots...

• It's too much work looking for someone new when you have kids. Especially if the girl doesn't work. Who wants to hire someone older? Marriage is a business deal in a lot of cases

• They must have something up their sleeves or they are extremly dumb

• they did it for their children i guess...one of the reasons

• I feel that's the case too.

• They're dumb. I would take half of everything and be out.

• They have their reasons, I guess. It's not an easy situation to be in, especially if kids are involved.

Personally, however, I wouldn't stay with a cheating husband. I'd have already lost respect for him, and if I stayed, I'd lose respect for myself. I can provide for myself, and kids. Both of us would still be in their lives. It's not the end of the world if we take care of them without being together. What ties me to a guy is a commitment due to love, trust, and respect, and if those are gone, there's really no point in staying.

• I think they have very poor judgement and very little respect for themselves.