I'm sending messages to women who viewed my ok cupid profile but they aren't responding. . What can be the reason for this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because these women are getting 25, 50 messages a day from guys online. They're flooded with tons of messages from guys trying to convey how awesome they are through a short text.

You want to meet women, you have to go out in the world. Okcupid is okay if you want to just be tweaking your profile and letting women message you.

• Out in the world is too hard.. I can't even look in a girls direction

• Dude. There's a whole planet worth of stuff to talk to beside weather. Like, I went to the Uni gym. Handed over my alumni card to get in, and joked, "Special gold VIP membership." The girl behind the desk joked back, "Oh, we're honored." I laughed and held a hand up in front of my face, "No pictures, no pictures!"

• It's a way of flirting, banter. You take normal conversation and make it into a game. Go watch Charades with Cary Grant, tons of banter in there.

What Girls Said 7

• Could be the kind of message you are sending.If you are only sending a few words like: "Hi, what's up?" or something like that, they likely won't respond. Women normally get a lot of messages, and they aren't going to take you seriously when it seems so impersonal. Also, it could be something about your profile. It's hard to really know since you didn't give much information. Online dating sucks.

• but it doesn't suck for women

• Depends on the woman. Not every woman is successful with it. Also I've known guys who have had success with it. A guy I work with met his wife online, and he didn't use online dating for long. I think it just depends on the person.

• I've dated five or more different girl from it, I just have been in a dry spell

• Maybe that's because they aren't interested.They changed their mind.They accidentally viewed your profile..

• They aren't interested

• Online dating is not really going to give you really good results unless you're lucky and that's rare

• I've had a dry spell lately but all my dates have only come from online dating

• I don't know what to do. . I'm so lost

• When I used that I would get so many replies it would have been a full time job to respond to everyone. You need to stand out in your message or you will be passed right over.

• What's there to say other than what you see in their profile?

• That hurts my feelings that they don't like me without giving me a chance

• I understand but think about my first reply. On a free site like that girls get bombarded with emails. It would have been impossible for me to give every guy a chance. You just need to keep trying

• Maybe its because you are poor. Maybe it's because you seem judgmental.

• They don't find your pic attractive enough to respond

What Guys Said 9

• Most girls online only have profiles for attention purposes. I have met a good number of women online and honestly, these women think they are great catches but send me running when I meet them. Catfish issues, single mothers on state assistance, and drug users are very common.

• Online dating game is a losing proposition for guys. That's why. It's a numbers game weighted heavily against you.

• Why are you using okcupid? Their website is terrible look at their BBB rating it's an F.
    www.bbb.org/.../

Match or eharmony will work better for you.

• Are you willing to share your profile? I've noticed that feedback from the GAG community can be very helpful.

• I don't know how to send it using my phone

• are you below 5'7?
    most women don't like short men.

• I'm 5'10

• Women don't make sense because it's very rare to be 6'4

• I know. there's no logical reason for women to want to date a giant. the human race doesn't need them. lol

• Maybe they looked at your profile to figure out of they were interested, and then decided they weren't

• Why wouldn't they be interested. . I have a fun personality

• Lol, nothing wrong with your ego! Not everyone is going to like you...

• Sending 'Allo darlin, nice tits' is not known for its effectiveness

• Give me some credit. . I comment on their profile

• It could be just a coincidence she was looking at me

• Only one way to find out !

• Delete your profile ASAP, online dating is horrible for men

• Out in real life is worse especially I'd you're shy like me

• You do know you'll have to meet women in real life even if you use online dating right?

• Oh yes. I've dated at least 5 women from online dating. . All my dates have all come from there

• I know the feeling. Like AndyWes said, women are being bombarded with messages.
    I have found the 'hey how are you, wanna talk' messages very ineffective.
    I have tried different tactics but have discovered the best kind of first message is ridiculously over the top and cheesy. Include something from her profile so it doesn't look like copy & paste.
    I usually get back "OMG hilarious" or " you just made my day" it opens up the door for conversation and seperates you from the lemmings.

• I always comment on their profile. . People always assume I don't

• That's good. Try something that will make her laugh out loud when she reads it. That usually gets a response for me. And I am not very attractive.

• I'm not a comedian. . I can't just come up with jokes just like that