Is there any way to earn a man's trust back if you cheated on them?

I cheated on my ex and he said he can't trust me anymore is there any way to rebuild it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I truly don't know, depends on the type of person, but if it were me you were cheating on, if I were to forgive you it would take at least half a year and if I really loved me you would constantly try to make things better and try to prove that your worthy of me again, but you will have to try if you just forget about it he won't take you back if you don't show him its worth it.

What Guys Said 10

• just swallow the humble pie. apologize profusely. tell them that you promise things will be different. acknowledge that you may have things within yourself you need to work on.

I've always compared trust to a car. When you get a new car, it's perfect, scratch, dent free, the interior spells fresh, etc. but as soon as you get that first nick or someone brings something smelly into it, or you spill something on the upholstery you can almost never look at it like a new car. It doesn't mean that you can't love the car and keep it for a long time but it's almost impossible to see it as new

the same is with trust. once it's dented it's hard to ever have that 100% trust again, but it can be repaired. it just takes a long time, a lot of patience, and an understanding that the person is going to struggle to trust

• it's hard as hell. You'll basically have to prove to him, without a shadow of a doubt, you'll never, ever do it. Plus, he'll NEVER EVER EVER EVER forget it. Forgive, perhaps, but even while having sex with you, it'll cross his mind another DICK has been in HIS place. So, earning trust, perhaps, but he'll never forget.

• I agree with THChowder,
    Once a cheater always a cheater.
    My Ex-GF did the same thing and I won't take her back ever in my life again even if she'd beg me.

• no way. Why would he every trust you. Why would he even still want you around. You didn't care about him anyway since you cheated. why would you continue to see him?

• No once a girl cheats on me it's over forever. There's no rebuilding trust, the thought that she might still do it will always be in the back of my mind, and I'll always be angry that she did it in the first place.

• A guy might forgive but he'll always doubt. You'll never have his trust 100%.

• Nope.

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

• lol of course not

• yes , try to be with him when he really needed someone by his side..

• Why did you cheat

What Girls Said 7

• No, you'll be stepping on eggshells with him.

Should've thought about your actions when knowing trust is really hard to build in the first place.

• you have to ask him what it would take for you to make it up to him. he gets to make the requirements. for most people it's access to your phone/facebook/email to make certain that nothing is going on anymore. he may want to keep the passwords for a while to make sure that you're being honest about stuff. you have to be accountable to him. be where you say you're going to be. do what you say you're going to do. all the time. maybe it wont' be enough and it'll never be the same, but you're going to be in the doghouse for a long time.

• You can't rebuild something you broke:| trust is important in realtionships, even he would say he does he will always doubt trusting you

• No there isn't. He might take you back, but truly trust you, no

• No you were acting like a slut. Its the same for women. No women will trust a man like that

• No... Why would you cheat in the first place? If someone cheats on me, they are out of my life.

• There really is no way to do this. He may forgive you, but the trust is gone. No matter what there would always be room for doubt because of your betrayal.