Lots of women say they would rather initially be asked to hang out by a guy before being asked on a date?

Girls when being 'asked out' by a stranger why do most girls prefer to be asked to 'hang out' rather than go on a formal date. What is the difference and why are you more likely to accept an invitation to hang out? Could you give some examples?

Thanks :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather hang out first, just cos personally it makes me feel like he wants to get to know me and is interested in spending time with me as a person. Once I know him a bit more I can tell what kind of person he is, if a random stranger just asked me out, I'd be flattered, but cautious seeing as you really don't know them.

I'm not one of those people that 'friendzone' guys, all of my previous boyfriends have been friends first.

• What is the difference between hanging out and going on a date. Would hanging out be like going for coffee or something?

• Hanging out like friends, the majority are my friends are guys so perhaps I've lost the ability to tell the difference between the two haha. Coffee, movies..something like that? :)

What Girls Said 3

• i would rather be asked out

• There's less expectations when hanging out.

• so say I asked a girl out for coffee, Date or hanging out?

• I agree with chocolate, coffee (or ice cream since I don't drink coffee) is good.

• do you have any other hanging out ideas. Does a date have to be something more formal like dinner?

• I'm more likely to accept an invitation to hang out because it feels like less pressure to try and impress someone. It also gives you the opportunity to see if you would want to take it to the next level ( i.e. a date). For example, if a guy asked to hang out at the mall vs a date to a classy restaurant, I would choose to hang out at the mall because the atmosphere is usually more relaxed when you're just "hanging out".

What Guys Said 3

• Reason being is that you can know them better by hanging out instead of a date. A date HAS to be romantic to some degree and usually isn't the best icebreaker. Another point is the best boyfriends are ones who actually are friends. So if you hang out first and learn you can make great friends, a relationship is more likely to succeed. Generally speaking, women like to have successful relationships.

• I see hanging out and going on a date as practically the same thing. I'm going to dress just as nice on a first date as just hanging out with a girl for the first time. And I would plan on doing the same things, dinner/lunch and or a movie or lets go the rifle range and shoot some guns. I wouldn't even try to be romantic on a first date, I'd make it casual and fun.

• I prefer that too. You can judge them :)