Why would he tell me this and stay with me?

My bf told me once that I suck in bed. But yet he is still with me after 9 months? Why would he stay with me if I was that bad? Also he told me before that if i ever break up with him he will tell people I'm a physco gf so no one will want to be with me. I know I shouldn't stay with him because of him saying stuff like that but I I love him and he can be a sweetie.

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple: he's saying these things to MANIPULATE you and undermine your confidence in yourself. That way, YOU can be blamed for anything that goes wrong, even if HE does it, and YOU will feel bad. It's his way of having power over you.

It's also bullshit, and if you stay with a guy like this and tolerate that kind of treatment, then you are a fool who is going to be badly hurt before it's all over, and to a certain degree, it WILL be your fault.

Hopefully, you have more self-worth than to put up with this a-hole.

What Guys Said 2

• He sounds like the psycho. Listen, any guy you date, there will be times that are great and the guy will be really sweet and things will be awesome. However, no guy that is worth having would say things like that to a girl he loves. He sounds pathetic and insecure. You know more about your relationship than I do, but the fact that you said "I know I shouldn't stay with him" is a pretty clear sign that you two will not last. Might as well cut your losses now.

• he's manipulating you. by saying you suck or threatening you with some sort of break up blackmail he is essentially lowering your sense of self worth, therefore you actually seek his affirmation more than before.

It's frankly pretty disgusting. "I love him and he can be a sweetie" should read "I love him and HE IS A SWEEITE"... as in all the time. should really re-evaluate if this is a guy you think you can be with forever and if not you need to dump him

• Do u think he is telling me this stuff because he doesn't want me to leave him?

• I don't think it's because he doesn't want you to leave rather than lower your sense of self worth so you feel like you HAVE to stay with him... If he was simply trying to keep you in his life because he loved you he'd do the normal nice stuff guys do

What Girls Said 3

• Wow, what a fucking asshole. Just because he can be a sweet heart, doesn't mean you should stay with him. Why the hell would you want someone who told you something like that? I would've left his ass long ago, found someone better, and after a few months I'd text my ex saying, "My new boyfriend says I'm awesome in bed! How's your- Oh wait. You don't have a girlfriend. Ha ha ha, goodbye."

If I were you, I'd talk to him about it. Good luck.

• Sounds like a sociopath. Run.

• psycho himself is saying that stuff? He needs help thats stupid and so "childish"