Would you say yes to a younger guy?

A question to the ladies here. I'm 19 and work as a barista, one of the girls I work with is 21 and we carry on flirting pretty much the whole time we work together. I want to ask her out but I don't know if it would be weird for her to go out with a younger guy or if she would straight up decline. Is it an issue if a younger guy asks you out and would you agree or say no?

• Yes, I wouldn't mind
  • Hell no

Most Helpful Girl

• Age isn't really an issue. Unless it's a major age difference. I've never dated older. Not by choice, but I just connect more with younger guys. My first boyfriend was a year younger. My current boyfriend is 2 years younger. I'll be 21 soon and he won't even turn 19 until I've been 21 for 2 months lol

• thats almost the same as me :p except ill be turning 20 soon and she'll still be 21

• Yeah it's not so bad. It was really awkward when we were younger (we've been together for a few years lol) but now it's getting more socially acceptable. We have a lot of fun together. Plus if this girl you work with is flirting back then odds are she's interested :p

• I sure hope so :p

What Girls Said 19

• i would, but anything more than 2 years younger MAX is too much for me.

• just go ahead. women generally like older men because sometimes, men their age or younger aren't on the same level of maturity or certain things as they are. I'd say yes, because it's not too much of a big age difference and it would be a little bit different.

• Yea if I felt he was reasonably mature enough.

• including job security/studying etc?

• Yep. But also a wiser mindset towards dating than many young guys.

• I get what you're saying. You mean like wanting a long term relationship rather than something short lived. I agree, i dont muck around with dates either unless i think there's potential for a long term relationship

• I would say yes to anyone that i love.

• Go ahead, if she is flirting with you; then she is not opposed to the idea

• I prefer guys that are older than me, but if he is mature and I like him then I would hesitate just because of his age... Unless he is more than 3 years older, I would feel like pedobear.

• 3 years doesn't count as pedobear ahahaha

• There's barely a two year difference in age between this girl and you. I say go for it. Enjoy your time together and see where that leads.

• Thanks, im going to ask her tommorrow after work :)

• I wouldn't. I'd prefer not to date younger.

• Why not, women tend to live longer that men, and if he's younger, you both have a greater chance of dying together.

• thats a little bit morbid hahah

• ahahahahahhahahaaha

• I wouldn't date younger than a year younger than me

• Preferably, I am most attracted to older men and men of my age. If ever someone younger would ask me that, it won't matter to me if it's just a friendly date.

• Would you consider a relationship?

• I can't tell. I want to base on the level of feelings that I have for that person.

• That's true

• If he'd look and act mature enough, yes.

• @ years age diff is nothing. Go ahead ask her out.

• Yeah. I don't think she'd care

• It's not that big difference, so I don't think it would matter much to her :)

• I dont like younger guys

• do we bite :p

• lol well everyone has their boundaries i guess :p

• HAHA, I like it!

• no, I just wouldn't like to date younger guys. It feels weird.

• 21 is not a grandma age if you can match up to her emotionally.

• we connect pretty well and always comfortable around eachother

• I would, but not more than 3 years younger. Younger than that, it's just so...not me.

• No it feels weird for me

What Guys Said 4

• it's not so much the age gap but merely the gap between what ages. Even a 5 year age gap is not that much unless you talking like 15 year old vs 20 year old then it is a big deal but like 20 vs 25 and 25 vs 30 are less significant of age gap. 19 and 21 shouldn't be a big deal unless like you look young for your age and she likes older guys or something.

• my case. she said no due to am younger to her and her parents won't accept the proposal... i am younger than her brother. so her dad won't see me as prospect. she's now engaged to a person as per her parents approval

• unlucky bro, always plenty of good girls out there

• As a guy I wouldn't, but if buy some miracle I was a women I would date a guy a little younger.

• i guess ill have to find out what she thinks :p

• You'll find that this is one of those things that many women are irrational with. They'll date men much older than them, but they won't date men younger. As you've seen some think they're his mother, yet a man older than them wouldn't be like their father. You can always try. Good luck!