Does being liked by other guys make you more desirable? Do guys like competition?

If a guy liked you and found out another guy also liked you does that make the first guy want you more because there's more competition? Or do guys not like competition?

Most Helpful Guy

• Having competition for women sucks but yeah it is common among men. But smarter ones stay away because these men know competition cannot attract attention of woman anyway. In fact they are scape goats. It is not a jungle or we aren't speechless animals where deers are fighting with horns for winning rights to have sex with females.
    But still many teenagers don't understand this and keep fighting with each other for exercising his rights of having relationship with her. Idiots..

What Guys Said 6

• I love competition.

In a sport. In a video game. Not when I'm trying to get a date, no, if I like someone I like them for them, not because other people like them as well. That would sound ultra superficial.

• This is something that is completely dependant on the guy. Some guys like to compete far more than others. Personally, I don't find competition all that great. I'll try for the girl, but if there is clearly someone that she is more interested in, I back down and try to find someone else. On the other hand, a good amount of guys don't like people who play hard to get, so having 20 guys flirting with you and you not showing any interest back is definitely not the way to go.

• I am the ultra competitor. I make everything a competition. The one thing I don't? Dating. I'm not going to compete to win a girl's affection. I go for girls that I naturally vibe with, girls that dig me back.

• I know some girls go batshit crazy for guys who are liked by quite a few girls, or a guy that will make their friends jealous, but no it makes them less if anything imo. Like others have said, backing off is what I would do if she's already being hit on by 5 different guys. Also if she is being hit on this much by all these guys I wouldn't be the most trusting.

• Yas! We lions are competing eachother for da lioness

• We either don't care or don't like it. We're more likely to just back off.

What Girls Said 2

• some do, some dont.
    some guy dated me just bc he liked the competition. he was a jerk.
    but my current bf told the other guy he was interested in me and asked if it was okay to try to get with me. he wouldve backed off if the guy said no.

• The confident ones like a challenge