Is it weird that I'm kinda into nerdy/gamer guys?

Is it weird that I'm into nerdy/gamer guys? I've always found it easier to bond with them since I'm into video games. But a coworker of mine told me that my crush is really nerdy because he's into video games and that it's weird for me to be into those guys and I've never gotten a response like that before. I actually have never really thought that it was weird until now. So, is it weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey let me ask you a question.

Which do you value more,
    To be HAPPY by being compatible with someone with the ability to have good communication with someone who understand your bad days better and cares about you sincerely OR to just look good for others but deep down you aren't happy with your relationship.
    Btw, someone who tries to please everybody is dumb.
    (Do you think you can marry someone who thinks your hobbies, video games are lame and dumb? I can't but if you think u can then dump the nerdy guy and rry to hook someone in gym.)

What Guys Said 15

• you are into who you are into because that is what you are attracted to. what anybody else says shouldn't effect that. besides you can't really help it if you are more compatible with them, it will make you feel a stronger connection with them. I would love if I could find a girl who liked video games or any of my interests as much as I do, and not in a fake way. <<< meaning I like this because you like it.

• As a nerdy gamer guy: Whohooo haha.
    No it isn't weird at all i met many girls who either like us or are a gamer too. It might surprise you how many girls also play games its really not a guy thing anymore.

In the end it is all about who fits you the best no matter what others think.

• Is it weird to you? If not, then it's weird. Weird is different for everyone, don't let other people decide what you think is weird or not.

Weird is subjective.

• I play games, I have friends that do and hit the gym a lot, some don't. Some work in offices, some are labourers. Playing games isn't really nerdy, it's quite common.

Who cares what the jellymonster thinks? What Ferruccio said basically.

• Absolutely not! It's your preference. So called 'Nerdiness' isn't a disease. Your co-worker is incorrect.

• Not weird in the slightest...it makes sense to be into guys that share your interests. 8-)

• Why hello there! Why can't more women have similar tastes?

• Maybe you just haven't looked hard enough ;)

• Yeah I know I need to be more open and all that.

• Admitting it is just the first step.

• Nope I don't find it strange.

• No, the fact that you already have stuff in common with that person makes it that much more awesome.

• *Turns on COD*

Continue...

• Don't let others define 'weird' for you.

• No screw what that guy says he just jealous he probably likes you.

• It was a she.

• Oh still who cares who is she? Is she better than you? Don't listen to what other girls think that is what is wrong with girls they listen too much to other girls guys don't listen to other guys we just go for the girls we wan't if we have balls. Which not all of them do.

• then youd love me

• you probably are into virgins

• Gamer

Designer ( good one )

Guitarist

Call me.

What Girls Said 9

• lmao, nah, it's not. If you're into games ofc you'd be into guys who are into games, that makes sense. Your coworker just has a weird gut reaction against gamers & is probably a loser, w/e. Some people still think of gamers as like, no-lifers and don't respect them, idk.

• I'm the same exact way.
    I always find it funny when I know more about videogames than most guys do.. :P
    I think it would be really fun to have a gamer guy for a boyfriend. Imagine the two player games together!

• ooh atari i have one of those. i have a huge collection of games and systems going back to the atari 2600 and colecovision. :P

• Aaw jealous. :O I'm not quite sure what happened to our atari..it got broken or stolen or something at some point. xD

• Nope it's weird for people to think that we can only date a certain type of person. Good for you! You should love to be around the people you really like.

• I don't think it's weird the guy I'm crushing on is into all the stuff I love like anime, manga, videogames, movies, etc. Then again I'm girly but also nerdy and love guys that are cute and that I can spend time watching sailor moon with.

• no, dont second guess what you are into, as long as you have a good time with that person

• No. It is definitely better than finding a player , a real player :)

• I'm into them too :P no its not weird

• No, nerds are my type of guys ;)

• Omg , thats soooooooo weird , how could you :0

:p