So I told my mother that I have a "friend" that is 28 years old and I don't think she liked it that much.?

So I'm 19 and he's 28, 9 years apart. He's actually starting to become more of a friend. I told my mother and she said " you have nothing in common with someone that old." Usually she is really understanding. I find it funny because she has a boyfriend that is 12 years younger than her, she is 45 and he is 33. But maybe that's the problem, her boyfriend and my friend are close in age. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your legal age she should not make you feel bad about
    what age to date, for you 9 years is not bad at all
    by rights you can date someone of age of consent if
    you wanted.Yes she is worried cause your friend is 28
    and her boyfriend is age 33.

what age to date, for you 9 years older is not bad at all by rights you can date someone of age of consent if
      and her boyfriend is age 33

• Thank you for Most Helpful..I hope you listen to your heart
      date who you want your age 18..Don't never let anyone control
      who you are in love with or want be with..I wish you the best

• Parents tend to control ones life..That's why people are 30's to 40's , have no one in their life..I thank God my late mom and
      present dad never told me who to date..Least they were cool about that well Best wishes :))) XD

What Guys Said 4

• Refer to this formula: http://xkcd.com/314/

Honestly, I always found it creepy that a guy at his age would go below 24.

• Agree, too old and creepy.

• people who are in their 30's and 40's are more likely to have more in common that someone who is only a teenager, and someone in their late 20's.

• Hahahaha your mom is a hypocrite. It's fine.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm 18 and I have a friend who is 28, too.My mom knows and doesn't mind.I mean ok first she was like be carefull and nothing in common and stuff, but then she realised I'm a responsible person and that we were just friends.For those who say that when you will be 25 he will be 30something-Who cares? You're now friends and you're enjoying his companion NOW.You don't hang out with someone for who they WILL be SOMEDAY! Jeez!! And your mother will understand, how you're friends and you propably have stuff in common and have a good time.She shouldn't make you feel guilty.And ESPECIALLY when she herself has a boyfriend 12 years younger.WTF? I'm sorry, but shouldn't her boyfriend not have anything in common with someone as old as her, too? Still sorry (but i couldn't not say it) ;)

• When you get past 30 it's kind of whatever. 18 and 28 dating is just odd, it shouldn't be that hard to find someone around his age unless there is a serious problem.

• Yeah honestly, I'm so surprised that he hasn't found someone better, he is super attractive, respectful, and he cares. I believe age is just a number as well, as for myself, I'm very mature for my age and he sees that in me. He also looks like he's 24 and we met not knowing how old we were.

• Exactly!! I've met people like that, too.And without knowing each others age you just have a nice time.So why when you find out his age or he yours, that should be a problem? For no reason! :)

• I agree with your mom. After you're both past your 30s it's more normal because you're both fully mature adults by then but ten years at your age is just... Gross.

• You change more between 19-25 than 25-35.