Guys say the want girls to ask them out, but I've found it to be off-putting?

In my experience, when I've made the move on guys and asked them out, it has always ended badly. Usually, they string me along, cancel the night before, or lose all interest. So, why are guys so adamant about preaching that women should make a move...when it seems to turn them off?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys, like women, are full of it and don't know what they want. In other words, people are full of shit. Even the ones that do have a good handle on themselves are still prone to bouts of stupid. From what I have seen, and from my own personal experience, there is a middle ground.

The guy wants you to flirt. He wants you to show him you have some interest. He might even want you to spark up a conversation first. You know, break the ice. But do guys want you to make the first move when it comes to going out? Personally, I don't believe so. I think it sends a message that she's too available or too interested and the guy picks up on it, at least subconsciously. I think you should give the signs of interest, even spark up a conversation first if the opportunity presents itself, but avoid trying to be the one to make plans outside of that immediate encounter or as the guy out.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm guessing the times when you've asked guys out, it's been because the guys actually didn't WANT you to ask them out. These guys did not look at you the same way you looked at them, so it didn't end well for you.

Guys only want girls (that they like) to ask them out.

• Maybe they don't find you attractive. Or maybe you're aiming for guys out of your league who already have options who they like better than you.

One way to find out: post a picture.

• I have no preference either way.

• Guys do like it. You just haven't met the right one.

What Girls Said 1

• Because the reality is that they still will pursue the ones they really want