Told a guy I didn't want a relationship?

I started talking to this guy and it escalated really quickly. I just got out of a 3 year relationship about a month ago. I really just want to focus on myself right now. I told him that and he seemed ok with it but is still wanting to take me out and do things with me. How can I make it more clearer?

We had set up a date already and it's for tomorrow. I really don't want to go but he is so nice I hate being mean.

What Guys Said 1

• The good thing is that you were crystal clear about yourself. You don't want a relationship.

The bad thing is that you accepted his offer for a date. Now that it is set up you must go, but don't continue doing things you don't want to.

• I don't want to go on the date though. He keeps insisting we see each other to "grow closer". I want to just cancel.

• I'm sorry but I believe you must go now. Just go, show him somehow that although you have a ''good'' time you're not interested in him and don't accept a date again. My opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't wanna escalate this to relationship, you have to be clearer with him, speak to him again, also, if you don't wanna go out with him, don't go out with him even if it sounds mean, it is better than you dumping him later after he really fall for you.

• How should I cancel?

• It sounds cruel, but make an excuse that you cannot see him and tell him that you will contact him later.