Is there a reason why guys won't pursue conversations with me?

whenever i try to talk to this guy our conversations turn awkward because he never helps continue them furthur by asking questoins, he mostly just answers mine. also at times he avoids me like a plague, but what really throws me off is sometimes he comes to me on his own and says hi, our conversations never last too long before getting awkward even then because again he never carries them on - just gets quiet - the weird thing is he is not like this with other girls I've seen their conversations. it seems like him and any other guy im attracted to have the same problem, they never try to communicate properly- just get very quiet, is there something wrong with me?

ps we both are in our 20s

ps this has been going on for a couple years - just when he starts warming up he closes off again

Most Helpful Guy

• They're just not that into you.

What Guys Said 2

• How many times have you two tried talking? sounds like you two just don't have chemistry. So you ask him questions, he goes out of his way to approach you? hmmm be honest here are you an intense talker?

• Because some guys are just shy like me

What Girls Said 1

• they could just be unsure of what to talk with about. try to find something in common or that interests you both- that should help keep the conversation going. or you can find something they really like, that should get them to open up more.