How am I suppose to take this?

I didn't go to this guy's Football game, that I was suppose to go to. i like him a lot, but I am a really shy person...I blew him off in a result of that. He lost his cell phone and isn't getting one till Monday so I had no way in contacting him to tell him I can't make it to his Football game. I felt really really bad, so I made my friend send him a message on Facebook cause I don't have a FB and she wrote this

'Hey Brian, Stephanie wanted me to drop you a quick email, since you don't have your phone yet. She felt bad that she missed your game. She had to go into work cause a person called off at last minute and she had to fill in for her. She doesn't like to blow people off, always sticks to her word and even though I told her it's probably not a big deal, you know Stephanie...she makes a big deal out of everything, lol. Hope your team won!'

His reply was

"lost both games. im too fucking good and my teams is too fucking bad."

"lol i've been getting messages all night saying how fucking good i am.. feels good hahaha"

What the hell? how am I suppose to take that? He completely ignored what my friend said, and now I don't know if he's cool with me or not. Great! Tell what you think? Does it sound like he's mad?

Most Helpful Guy

• What was he supposed to say to her. She is talking for you, he doesn't need to reply to her, he needs to talk to you. Besides, by your own admission what she said is complete bullshit. you cannot use "being shy" for being very rude. All you had to do is show up at a football game, being shy doesn't come into play. In society EVERYTHING about dating is on the guy. We have to make the first move, we have to come up with ideas for dates (usually) and don't get me started on sex. All a woman has to do is show up. she is in complete control of the relationship on every level. there is nothing to be nervous or shy about on her part. it is a poor excuse. So you lie and you upset on how he handles bullshit? try apologizing and telling him the truth and see if he still wants to bother with you.

• Well I did feel bad. I would have contacted him myself if he had his cell phone. He lost his cell and he is waiting for a replacement which is arriving tomorrow. There was no way of me contacting him, only through Facebook which I don't have so I told my friend cause she knows him very well and she's friends with him on Facebook to message him for me and to tell I feel bad. I am not going to tell him the real reason it's too embarrassing. I am painfully shy with guys. I literally have to get drunk in roder for me to be comfortable around guys that was the only way I could seriously lose my virginity when I was 19 years old. Cause I too drunk. I also had nobody to go with for it to not be so awkward. Sorry I have issues, but I am not going to tell him that. Like I said if he had his cell I would have just called him hours or even a day in an advance and tell him I can't make it for such and such reason. I didn't know what else to do. I thought it was the right thing to do. I have no bad

• He didn't blow off your apology because you didn't apologize. he blew off something your friend told him. I wouldn't have addressed it either. go by what he tells you when you actually talk to him. unfortunately your starting this whole thing on a lie. so where you go from there I don't know.

• Yea, I don't know what else to do or say, I fucked up, and there is nothing I can do about it now. I tried. I thought it was the right thing to do, I didn't want to be a bitch.

What Guys Said 1

• "She doesn't like to blow people off, always sticks to her word"

interesting choice of words she used there

• WhaT is that suppose to mean? I don't need sardonic comemnts. I truly do feel bad.

• Well I don't like to blow people off. I hate that, it's just I had no way of contacting him and I didn't know what else to do, but now I think he hates me. Great!

• like i said, it's just an interesting use of words

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he is self-centered. proceed with caution. He doesn't seem to have the same values that you do.

• he seems self-centered because he didn't even say anything about you, didn't try to communicate back to you even though he knew you cared about this. He just focused on how good is at playing football and his own frustrations. Just a bad sign in my opinion

• you could show up and just say that you are curious to see just how good a player he is (kind of a flirty thing) and that you were still interested in the coming to game even after missing last week. Then it's in his ball court to work some moves of his own - if you're still unimpressed, acknowledge that to yourself and think about what the best move is for yourself.

• Thanks! I might try that. (:

• he is not mad he is overconfident

• Yea, i'm thinkin that haha.

• I would have to say that overconfident + shy aren't necessarily a bad mix, because especially at your age being around and caring about each other can help draw each person out of their shells or off their clouds but zombiebabe is totally on target to point that out. Shy people can sometimes end up with the short end of the stick if the overconfident person is too over confident about how well they know the shy person's needs and ends up neglecting the relationship while the shy person might have a hard time speaking up to get their needs met

• True! I mean I let my insecurities get in the way of me going I chickened out I admit...but I feel really really bad about it and I didn't know what else to do. If he had his cell phone I would've just called him and made up some lame excuse and that would have been the end of it. It appears that I was being a bitch and I blew him off, but really I just am painfully shy and nervous and that got in the way and I regret it wholeheartedly. Thank you for your opinion! You seem to on target with it.