Do rich people have higher standards?

I want to purchase a restaurant with the money my parents leave me in the will. If my plans work out I will be making $300 000 - $900 000 a year. It's not mcdonalds or tim Hortons - but something that is just as profitable as mcdonalds or tim hortons. I don't think my standards will be any higher when I become rich - they might even be lower because I know it's not that important that I get a rich guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• My experience is that poor people generally tend to not care so much, same with rich people, BUT BUT BUT the ones that does is the upper middle because they are desperate on showing that "we are not middleclass, we are above"

Now I'm talking about money only, not looks etc that comes with it.

What Guys Said 3

• The last thing that you need to do is own a restaurant.

The reason that I say that is that you are WAY off on how much you think fast food places make (if you are VERY VERY VERY lucky you will net $750,000 with McDonalds), the other reason is that you think that you will be made rich by owning a restaurant.

Oh, did you know that to even be considered for a franchise you have to have at least a million in liquid assets? I'm guessing not.

• lol if you purchase a restaurant that isn't a chain, there is a high chance you will be poor and then yes, you will have the same standards you have now.

• Restaurants are falling like flies right now

What Girls Said 3

• I am not really answering the question because you really can't tell. I just want to warn you though. The restaurant business is really difficult and hard. My boss says it is sometimes fun but most of the time hard work and tiring. I would just suggest you research before you start. Think about also all the money you will have to spent to get it going like utilities, food, electricity, renovations, rent or buying of a building, labor and much more. So all I am saying in the end do what ever you want but just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

• also most rich people are rich because they are frugal and dont spend much so most even when they are rich will stay frugal. Or learn from their mistakes when they blow it all.

• i believe they do, because they can afford to be

• If you let it go to your head