Can you or have you ever dated someone you are not physically attracted to and have it end up in a good situation?

Ok so this might sound kinda shallow but when it all comes down to it can you really be with someone who you are not attracted to physically? there's this girl that I've been talking to and she's a lot of fun to talk to and easy to have a conversation with! I like her personality from what I've seen so far but Im just not attracted to her physically at all, like the thought of me kissing her or doing anything like that doesn't really turn me on at all. she's been hinting that she wants me to take her out on a date but I've just been acting stupid like I don't know what she's hinting at... I don't want to keep leading her on like this so do you think it would be a good idea to date someone who your not attracted to?

• Yes I think it could work out even if you do not find her attractive
  • No I don't think it would be a good idea

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not. Why would this even be a question. Your not attracted to her then just keep her as a friend, I don't get what's the big deal about that, if your not attracted then your not that's it. Who cares if you think her personality is great, it'll still be a great personality after wards too. Just don't lead her on, now that's messed up to do. She'll get over you, don't even compromise on that, it won't ever work and nothing good will ever come from your "relationship" with her cause it's fake.

What Girls Said 7

• No, it's going to come out at some point that you're not attracted to her. I've had many guys date me in spite of my looks for my personality or whatever, all it did was make me trapped with a sort of boyfriend that basically put me in the friend zone... Honestly if you love her personality just be her real friend, let her still have the opportunity to meet someone that actually likes her appearance etc. You are NOT mean for not being attracted to her; you can't help what you do and don't like. I think you're probably a sweet guy for considering this but knowing what it would do to this girl's self esteem I have to strongly urge you to not pursue anything. Besides, being her friend you still get all the parts of her you do enjoy anyway!

• That is very good point that I can still get all the parts of her that I enjoy while still being her friend! its not that I don't like her as a person its just Its just that I don't like her in away that I would want to be romantically involved with her

• That a hard call. Since Im diff I find the person attractive tho their personatily with out that and it lacking I can not be into them.
    But if she were to find out you didn't find her attractive that would hurt so much so maybe it best you let her be. So someone that can honesty say they like her for both her personalty and find her attractive.

• exactly! cause I just feel like everyone deserves to have someone that they are attracted to and have someone who is attracted to them as well

• Then your doing the right thing. I feel the same other wise It just setting when really you know you only see them as a friend.
      doesn't mean a friendship needs to be lost! The right ones come along eventually.

• I think you should give it a try. I started crushing on a guy that I didn't find physically attractive at all. But his personality was just too good to be true. And after a while, the things that were just "blah" to me, became really cute.

• when i was in high school there was this guy that i would always talk to until 3am every day. he was not the most attractive person..at all.
    but his personality just overpowered the looks aspect by so much and the more i talked to him, the better looking he became in my eyes.

• I don't think it is good for your case. Obviously you don't like her even a little bit. You are supposed to jump on her !

• It's not really fair to her. Just be clear that you just want to be friends. I think either situation she'll end up hurt. Coming from a girl who isn't attractive, and had that kind of similar situation happen I would rather have been friend zoned.

• There's this guy I've been hanging out with. Originally I wasn't attractive to him but then I was. His personality was simply enough and he became attractive because of this

What Guys Said 0