New relationship - try to console or give her space?

Been dating this girl for a couple months. She's been pretty guarded for the entire relationship, but she's recently started opening up. It's been casual so far - about a date a week.

Then, last week, she started acting a little different. Turns out she's had some sort of family problem (hasn't said what), and it's weighing down on her. She's also had a couple other big changes recently (new house, new job), and I know that's added to her stress.

I like her quite a bit, and I'd love to help her if I can. But she's definitely been distant, and I'm not sure if she's really looking for help.

Should I give her space or keep trying to console / check in on her? I don't want her to think I've forgotten about her, but I definitely don't want to come on too strong. Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would keep check in on her again, and ask her about it directly. If she wants space, she'll let you know.

What Girls Said 1

• Your asking if you should be a friend or not? ..
    I don't see why you wouldn't if you guys are already friends. I'd say keep in touch

What Guys Said 0