Do young people ages 18-23 actually use internet dating websites?

My friend told me zoosk was a internet dating website for younger people. Any truth to this? I feel like internet dating is only for older people and I'm skeptical ill actually find anyone. Anyone with actual experience dating online?

I'm 21 and I have social anxiety so I don't really go out other than for work so I have no way of meeting girls. I work with kids so there's no way of meeting girls there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 21 when I attempted the dating sites because I kept meeting all kinds of jerks and i wanted a guy who was going to treat me right. I then met a guy on okcupid and he was 2.5 hours away. I thought it would never work out. Three years later, I am getting married to that guy. He wasn't the social type either so him trying a dating site was the best thing for him. He was working at a call center and it was late night shifts, didn't have a reliable car to go out on dates. he has a better job now and is working from home so when he moved to be with me he didn't have to worry about finding a job.

What Girls Said 4

• I used to, but I kept on getting non serious, one night stand requests, which I wasn't looking for.. Maybe if I stayed on them a little longer I would of found a nice guy, but I found that meeting people was better than talking to people online

• Actually, yes! It's becoming more and more popular!

• What would be a good way to message someone on a site?

• I think I would look at their interests and start talking about those more in depth. If you have a band in common, ask their favorite song and why... Maybe if they have a specific memory attached to it. Mention your favorite song by them and if any memories are attached. Start easing into more serious talk, like small political views. (Nothing too deep it might turn people away, unless you agree!) If you come to a disagreement, change the subject with another question, before saying you disagree.

Ask where they live and what it's like there, how the people are there. If they have your favorite stores.

That's really all I can come up with right now! Maybe favorite foods, if they can cook, their hobbies, longest they've talked on the phone, if they enjoy pottery and crafty things as such, ect!

• Thanks for the feedback

• No, i used to prank around there for fun.

• Yes they do but mist people that age meet people in person

What Guys Said 1

• Yes zoosk, plenty of fish, are a couple of free internet dating sites. There are people of all ages there.

But. If you have social anxiety there is no sense going on a dating site until you overcome that.
    Yes you can just chat with people. But if you actually want to meet them. You might want to be able to go and do it. and not just sit in the parking lot staring at the building.