Bi-racial relationship? Could you be in one?

Could you honestly ever see yourself being with someone outisde of your race? And if so, do you think that there would be like a "barrier" between you too? Well I mean by that...do you find it difficult to actually start getting on relationship terms weith said person?

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand what you mean, there would always be that your black and I'm white thing.

Having said that I think I would embrace that and make light of the situation, making fun of each other and what not. It could break the ice and spark some chemistry.
    If the other person was racially sensitive that wouldn't work though.

So I can't really see it happening for me but thats just me making other peoples minds up for them.

So yes there would be a barrier but one thats broken by embracing the elephant in the room rather than treading carefully around it.

It can work but both people must be very open minded about it.

What Guys Said 9

• I was with someone who was of pacific islander, european, and Asian descent, let me tell you, it's one of the most exciting things you could ever go through, experiencing a whole new culture, learning about new things, it's great, I made a huge mistake that had nothing to do with our cultures. Let me tell you, give it a chance, and as long as you are an accepting person, it's going to be a wonderful experience, bi-racial babies are on average healthier and better looking as well :) I'm Asian by the way.

• Cool and I shall. But, I am a gir and you know...guys usually make the first move and that has yetto happen with someone outside of my race so question: If a woman that had a fro walked towards you, what is your immediate first thought? (Please be honest. Lol)

• Okay if she was attractive..would you have approached her first if ahe would have approached you first?

• In my case, I approached her first, however, she was the one who actually asked me out.

• One of my exes is Hispanic and that aspect was not a problem at ALL.

Compatibility with the person's core values is all that really matters. Skin color is irrelevant.

• Yes, I don't care about a persons race.

• I cannot. My wife won't let me date.

• Sure if I met the right girl

• . life is all about living outside your comfort zone.. Such relations can make you a better person

• Sure. While everyone has preferences about these kinds of things, it's personality above all.

• Yes I can see myself with someone other than my race, there may be differences, noticeable differences but but at the end love prevails

• Not me. I'd feel like the coultures are just too different for my taste.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes of course I can think myself with someone outside my race...Actually I can only think myself with someone like that.I don't think that race makes you different and I don't believe there would be like barrier between us.The only thing that I can think of that can work that way between a couple other than their personalities is the religion.I would find it extremely hard to live with someone with a didderent one.Not because I don't accept others religion but just because I think it would be a thing to argue a lot about.Especially in big holidays...lol

• I really could see myself being with someone of a different race...I don't see a reason why not. Sure, there may be some differences (in culture mostly), but people adjust, they learn and mold themselves to each situation (if they're smart). =)

• Definitely, but I come from a bi-racial family so it may come easier to me than others that don't have a similar experience growing up in that kind of household.

I can understand other's uneasiness in the idea; the mixing of cultures is at times really difficult to overcome, but I'd say that if you love the other person then you'd be willing to triumph over any cultural differences.

• I am currently in a relationship with someone of a different race. And no , there are no barriers. And yes, we are serious.

• babe i'm myself in a bi racial relationship

• I don't care the race. If he is gentle and loving, that is what I care.

• I could totally see myself with a black man, as long as he's raised in the Western culture of course. Befriending with people across cultures is fun, but living with such a person under one roof... That may be tough.

• My boyfriend is white. I am not. I really don't think anything of it. My SO and I don't have barriers or anything, because our respective races do not define us.

• I definitely could.

• Great differences in Life styles, food and general attitudes. No WAY.

• Yes I could be in one. I don't think there would be any barriers at all.

• Sure - why ever not? as long as he's smart, funny and respectful...

• I'm currently dating someone outside my race. It's not a big deal.

• Yes. If I'm lucky enough to find someone to be with, why would I care about race?

• I know people will probably think I am ridiculous for thinking this...

I could see myself in a relationship with someone of a different race...but I doubt I could marry them or have a child with them. I already have one child who is white, and so I don't want a mixed child. I don't want my kids to be that different. I don't have a problem when people have kids that are different races, it's just not for me. Like I said, I know it's ridiculous...but that's just how I feel.

• And before I had my child I did date someone outside of my race, and we talked about having a baby. Things are just different now.