Why do guys like pictures on Facebook of girls they've hooked up with but haven't talked to in a while?

This French guy and I had a fling when I studied abroad last semester and on my last night he took me on an incredible date up the Eiffel (he hadn't been up since he was a child) and to dinner, and after he came home with me to watch movies and help me study for my last French exam. We started kissing a lot but we didn't have sex because I'm a virgin and he knew that but I think he was hoping I would let him be my first. Anyways, we are friends on Facebook but he doesn't use his Facebook at all...like he hasn't changed his profile picture for 2 years and there's no activity on it which sucks. I sent him a message around 2 months ago saying I missed him but he never responded. But this morning I logged in and it said he liked a picture of me which I put up like 3 days ago so he had to have been lurking through my profile a bit.

I'm shocked that he even knows how to use a like button lol and I find it strange that now he likes my picture but he doesn't do anything else on Facebook. Why would he like my picture? Is it that he misses me, wants to remind me of his existence, or was he just bored and decided to like it to mess with me? He never responded to my message either...

• They miss them
  • They want to remind them of their existence
  • Just to mess with them
  • No reason; it was just a nice picture

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe the guy just happen to like the picture you posted.

What Guys Said 5

• Most of the time it's D.

We see the pic, we like it, we click the "like" button.

Not much else to it.

• yeah they miss em

• When I do it; it's because I miss them, and because they look good, but mostly because I miss them.

• I usually do it to mess with them, not to hook up again because its only ONE TIME...

• If she is hot, then for no other reason than that.

Otherwise because they miss them.

What Girls Said 4

• it depends on how the relationship went to be honest. if it was a good relationsip that ended over a good excuse where they wouldn't hate each other theyed miss them and want to remind them of their existance if the relationship ended badly theyd do it to mess with them or really they wouldn't like their picture.

• B or C?

I'm not sure, never had facebook...

• I don't like over analyzing things.. Why can't he just like the picture because he likes the picture? It's not forbidden, so why not?

• After the last FB update, your news feed isn't "newest first" so it's possible it just popped up on his feed and liked it. I do that all the time too. I doubt it means anything when he didn't respond to your message. Sorry :(